I have no clue if he’s double barred or not. I bought two barred rock chicks from Tractor Supply last year. They twere supposed to be pullets 🤷‍♀️. He’s gorgeous and does an amazing job caring for the hens.
He's double Barred. That's what makes him lighter in color.

Our RIR Silver Laced Polish cross (standing on the ground next to mom) looks like it’s going to have green legs.... is that even a possibility or do you think they’ll turn blue?
1FC73ADF-8073-4F55-945C-A17F481A7946.jpeg

I have 8 baby chicks that were sired (proper term?) by a Barred Rock or a Sliver Laced Polish. I’m fairly certain about the hens each chick came from. If y’all could help me identify a sire and/or gender I’d be very greatful! (I’ll post updated pics in about 6 weeks-if I remember, lol). They all hatched within the past 5 days. (Btw I think our red chicken is a RIR, but I’m not sure. As a chick, she was sold to us as a golden laced Wyandotte, lol). #1-3 belong to our red chicken, 4&5 belong to the Buff Brahma, and 6-8 belong to our Barred Rock Hen. I’ve also included pics of our possible parents. Thank you!!!
#3 is barred rock. Maybe #6 too.

Our RIR Silver Laced Polish cross looks like it’s going to have green legs.... is that even a possibility or do you think they’ll turn blue?

Attachments

• D23FD3C7-76E7-4CEF-B7A4-C0535A88F7B9.jpeg
    D23FD3C7-76E7-4CEF-B7A4-C0535A88F7B9.jpeg
    464.1 KB · Views: 8
  • B0679D6B-190E-4F10-9837-EBBB497C7A71.jpeg
    B0679D6B-190E-4F10-9837-EBBB497C7A71.jpeg
    712.9 KB · Views: 6
1, 6, 7, and 8 were fathered by the Polish. You can tell by the beard and muffs.

6 is a pullet and 7 and 8 are cockerels.
I agree. And the mother had to have been the barred rock for chicks 6, 7, and 8. 6 is a female, 7 and 8 are males. Chick 1 has a different mother. I'm pretty sure it is a female as well, due to the brown/red leakage in the fuzz and new plumage.

Our RIR Silver Laced Polish cross (standing on the ground next to mom) looks like it’s going to have green legs.... is that even a possibility or do you think they’ll turn blue?View attachment 2690846
Green legs are common in EE I think they could come from any blue leg crossed with yellow legs. What color are your red hens legs?
It won't take long to see crest on the babies with the Polish dad. Chicks with the head spot have at least on barred parent.

Green legs are common in EE I think they could come from any blue leg crossed with yellow legs. What color are your red hens legs?
It won't take long to see crest on the babies with the Polish dad. Chicks with the head spot have at least on barred parent.
She has yellow legs- so leg color can have shared dominance? I didn’t expect that. It’s a fun surprise!

Back
Top Bottom