Who all here gives away their eggs?

I give mine away. But some people aren't as appreciative of them as I would expect, so they don't get any more subsequently! Does that make me an egg snob? Perhaps.
smile.png

43104_3-10-10_lucys_1st_egg_1.jpg

If you have any Maran eggs that are fertille that you are willing to give away to help produce my future flock I would be more than gratefull.

I live in Miami,FL and I can ask my dad to take me to pick them up if you deside too.
Quote:

I give a lot away. My neighbor gives me money for them, but not really a set price. I give some to my uncle. Whenever I go to my parents I bring some. last time I went I thought they were gonna fight over them! I brought 4 dozen and told my Dad what they didn't want he could take to work. he is always showing his co workers pictures of my animals, so, I thought he's like to share some. However, my Mom acted like they were made of gold- didn't want to give any up!

My husband and I have an agreement; I get to keep lots of chickens and aside from those who insist on paying for eggs we give them away to our friends and family. It is a small thing that we can do to help those either in need financially or health-wise. Lately, I have been averaging 1.5 doz. eggs per day - I sell 4 doz in 3 weeks - that is a lot of eggs we get to give away, and it is a wonderful feeling!!!

Glad to know I am in good company. With only 3 hens, the eggs don't add up too quickly, but we still get more than we use.

I give our extra eggs away. If we have more than 4 on hand then I'll give the extras to anyone who asks. Neighbors, friends at church, the wife hauls some to work. But, and this is a big BUT, they gotta say "thank you". Yep, sadly some people don't. Those people go on the egg embargo list. Someone with better manners will enjoy the next ones.

I generally give only a half-dozen at a time. I figure that way I can spread the goodies around a little bit. This is pretty much the same way I do with our garden veggies and watermelons. Some seasons I give away more produce than we use.

Good eggs and good veggies make for lots of happy neighbors (and a few who get cut-off for not being polite).

I give mine away...we only have 6 layers but we still manage to give a away two dozen a week to neighbors and friends..everyone wants some and people in the city here LOVE fresh eggs...

We give ours to family and sometimes sell a few to neighbors.... but most of them get taken to a local food bank; according to the guy that runs it, our eggs are really appreciated. I feel really good knowing that my girls' and I are helping local folks.

Back
Top Bottom