Who all is planning an order from Cackle Hatchery?

My order from Cackle came today-25 RIR (sent 26), 5 BO, 6 Cuckoo Marans, 6 EE's, 5 Australorps, 5 Doms. They all arrived alive and are doing well. The chicks are all active, ate and drank upon arrival. The EE's are all different in pattern/color. The Doms and the cockerals were marked, even though I didn't remember to ask them to do that. Inside the box, each of the four compartments were labeled with the breed in that section.

Originally my order was to ship the first of March, but they didn't have enough Marans and I didn't want a substitute, so I waited. The new ship date was the end of March. March came, and went. No chicks. They called and said there were not enough Maran pullets and would May 11 be ok. The weather was really nasty in April (flood, tornado, in the 30's on week, 90's the next) so I am glad I waited.

So.....my order was supposed to come last Friday, but a PO somewhere messed up the shipment and sent the entire box back to Cackle b/c the chicks would be dead by the time they got to me. Cackle called on Thursday (chicks shipped wed) to let me know. They were so apologetic and offered things to make it up to me and it wasn't even their fault! Friday morning my PO called and said come get your box of chicks quick! Confused, I went. There were 16 Burbon Red Turkeys, 5 Blue slate Turkeys, 11 Dom cockerals, 17 Black tailed white Japanese bantams in the box. I was more confused. Three of the bantams had been trampled by the Doms. I lost two more bantams the first night and one poult.

I called Cackle and found out that somehow my address ended up on the wrong box. Cackle apologized profusely about the inconvenience and told me to keep them! I wish I had inconveniences like that more often. I feel bad for Maria in GA who didn't get her poults and chicks!

Even though my order was badly messed up several times, I would order from Cackle again in a heartbeat. Every time I called, which was often, I spoke to the same lady. She was professional and always tried to make things right.

Hey, do you want to sale the turkeys ??!!!!
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom