Who else got some 2013 chicks?!

My little ones came a day early. Got a call from the PO and had to leave work at noon to get them. Six Barred Rocks and 12 Buff Orpingtons holy crap they're cute.

Yeah right. We ordered 11 got 22. Went on the waiting list for Partridge Rock Pullets not supposed to be avail until April got a phone call next day said they had a early hatch. We wanted 6 got talked into 11. Showed up the following thursday got 19. Went buy the feed store to get an extra feeder and walked out with 4 more Barred Rock Pullets. I think we've been really lucky we only lost 1 chick from the 2nd order luckily it was one of the extras. I didn't know it would be like this. Or plans where to have around a dozen and now have 43. 7 Barred Rock,12 Partridge Rock ( 1Roo and 11 Pullets),3 Buff Rocks, 3White Rocks and 18 not so sure ofs.

I just got 3 silver laced wyandottes. They were hatched locally so I didn't have to deal with shipping which I'm very glad about!

My most recent addition! Four mystery chicks!! I got them from a friend of my dads and
i cant really tell what they are yet! I will try and upload some more pics tomorrow! If you guys could help me figure out what they are?? He said they were mixes??.. They have a little fur on the sides of their feet!!

My three had a big field trip yesterday to the backyard for the first time. They were a bit nervous at first. They barely ate any grass, mostly just looked around. As you can see, we've hit the ugly stage! 5 weeks old now.

Picked up 4 SLW's and 2 BA's yesterday. Then next Thurs we're picking up 2 BO's and the Thursday afterward 4 EE's or a mixture of EE's and WBR's.
The hatcheries around us didn't have the ones we wanted ready all at the same time, so we'll have to be slowly acclimating everyone to one another. Going to try the "sneak the new ones in while they sleep" trick with the ones on Thursday, and then most likely will introduce the EE batch during playtime and just supervise them well (as the SLW's and BA's will be a little over 2 weeks old by then).

It's our first flock :) I'm used to raising and rescuing exotics, which was messier feeding for sure (syringe feeding) :D

I got 5 amber stars and a ''mystery'' chick for 2013.Sadly my little mystery baby,and 2 amber stars didn't make it(not sure why tho but think they got too cold on the drive home) but 3 of my ambers made it and are spunky little girls! That'd be Be-Be (our bossy little girl),Salsa(whos fiesty and sweet) and Chicky-Doodle aka Doodle-fuzzy butt(whos the laidback and shy/sweet girl) I really wanted 6 chicks to start my flock,but I am glad my 3 girls are doing well! Already attatched to them,and love watching them run around in their makeshift pen/brooder.I'll try to get some pics up of them.They are 4 days old today and i am already smitten! Yes,this is my first ''chicken experiance'' and I LOVE them already!!!

Back
Top Bottom