Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

My girls from this spring still are not laying. I think it is from the heat
hu.gif

I have (1) 24 week old (6) 22 week olds, (11) 21 week olds, and (1) 19 week old. All except the 24 week old silkie and 19 week old aussie have Bright Red developed combs and do squat. So, who knows. I don't even bother watching them b/c I figure it is like watching a kettle of water to boil. It takes forever!!!!!!!!!!
th.gif

Quote:
Congratulations. This is giving me hope for our Dominique. She is about 16 weeks old. Did yours have a comb that was very red? What signs did she give you that she was getting ready?

Quote:
Congratulations. This is giving me hope for our Dominique. She is about 16 weeks old. Did yours have a comb that was very red? What signs did she give you that she was getting ready?

Thanks!

Oh, she was so ready. She's been very red for about a month now, a started squatting a week ago - it is very distinct squat – she would spread her wings and stick her butt up. ;-)

But it was only yesterday that we’ve noticed any interest in nesting boxes.

Good luck with yours! It may be any day now! ;-)

Quote:
Mine doesn't yet have the red comb or face and isn't squatting. But now I have signs to watch for! I never thought I would be so excited about an egg!

My wish for you all is that you get an egg tomorrow, especially chickenprincess92 as I am afraid she is going to self-destruct if it doesn't happen soon.

we have one doing the egg song and one squatting urg i wish one would do both and give us an egg!
pop.gif
fl.gif
they will be 20weeks on saturday

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom