Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

Im going to post a pic of my chickies
62905_img_1743.jpg

62905_dscf2291.jpg

62905_dscf2323.jpg

62905_img_1710.jpg

Quote:
Maybe they think they can get away without laying because of their cute factor.

Awww thanks those pics where taken a while ago so they are much redder and a little bigger.

I've just finished the wait!!
lol.png

Our three marans have just started laying and we now have a LOAD of eggs. You won't be disappointed
wink.png

Quote:
Congratulations! Do the Marans lay the dark brown eggs or white ones?
We are still waiting for our four pullets (same as ChickenPrincess92's, she's my daughter). We started back to school this week, so thankfully we all are busy and distracted with other things instead of checking on these chickens every hour!

My girls started laying last week! OK, they are my grandson's but they stay at Nana's - 3 buff orpingtons and 3 cinnamericans. They are 21 weeks old and I am pretty sure it is the cinna-whatsits that are laying first. These are the first chickens I have had in years and we are loving them! We can't let them run free. Lots of coyotes and a family of redtail hawks live in our woods! But my husband and son built them a wonderful SAFE pen that is movable and they seem quite happy. We are now up to THREE EGGS a day!!! Only thing is, I read somewhere that you shouldn't eat the first couple of eggs. Is that true? I don't remember that from the old days.

Only thing is, I read somewhere that you shouldn't eat the first couple of eggs. Is that true? I don't remember that from the old days.

I think the deal is that some people don't want to eat the first egg if their birds were still on medicated chick feed and some say that doesn't really matter. Some people also have really think skinned shells for the first one and maybe that is a consideration. I don't know. I'm still waiting and if the shell is intact, I'll be eating it!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom