1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who else is watching their EEs change colors?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by debid, May 16, 2011.

1. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    mother o' chicks72 :

Quote:Oreo looks a lot like my "girl" Amapola, they even looked similar as chicks! right now "she" looks just like two month old Oreo, except "she" has a white face.

[​IMG] your girl stays a girl [​IMG]

2. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    Is it not astonishing how they change, they are all so beautiful.

Penelope at 1 week and then at 9 weeks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pochahontas at 1 week and then at 9 weeks, she is our little mentally challenged bird but so very special.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PolyEster at 1 week and then at 7&9 weeks, so pretty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO
    Quote:You take amazing pictures so I, for one, am happy to see as many as you post. And Skyfire does look pretty spectacular! Anything remarkable about her color as a wee chick to indicate she would be so unique and gorgeous??

4. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Quote:You take amazing pictures so I, for one, am happy to see as many as you post. And Skyfire does look pretty spectacular! Anything remarkable about her color as a wee chick to indicate she would be so unique and gorgeous??

Thanks, I really love taking pics especially of the girls (well all nature).

All the chicks as babies had tan or brown based light coloring in their light chimpmunk colors, but sky fire always had a silver type coloration, she stood out as differant from day one, her and Oreo. But if your batch of chickies has alot of the white/black that I have seen posted that may not be helpful as a distinguishing feature. I have seen a few pics in the EE's threads with similar color and patterning to skyfire, but not many. My chickens were purchased from Meyer hatchery, so I don't know what went into "making" her, even if I did I don't understand chicken genetics it gives me a headache!

5. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Quote:Very pretty, pochahontis sure did change alot!!! I love the colors of polyester.

6. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    Thanks! She was the cutest little baby and we also love her markings.

7. somadlyinlove

somadlyinlove Chillin' With My Peeps

It's amazing how they can look alike as chicks and then turn out so different.
    Here is my "MAY"
    Hatch day "she"[​IMG] is the honey colored chick near the middle
    [​IMG]

Day 7
    [​IMG]

Day 14

Her wing feathers are bigger than her and way more developed than the 9 other chicks
    [​IMG]

8. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

Fluffy @ 2 weeks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And 6 weeks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. audioguy

audioguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Branchburg, NJ
    Here is a look at our chicks. They change about as fast as they grow! [​IMG]

I guess now that they are 5 weeks old today, I should really think about finishing the coop. I need to find someone giving away a dog run. No luck on Craigslist, yet!

New arrivals
    [​IMG]

Chipmunk phase
    [​IMG]

One week old. They all looked the same, except for one!
    [​IMG]

Two weeks old and feathers are in!
    [​IMG]

Four weeks
    [​IMG]

Today! 5 weeks old
    [​IMG]

10. ChiknMama

ChiknMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Have our new chicks just a few days old...one is an EE but I have not seen any others this color...hopefully she is a she, is anyone sure that I have an EE?

Cadbury, the EE?? is in the middle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by