Who else loves their Orps? Orp lovers and Orps ONLY Thread. If you are going to hate on Orps, you aren't allowed.

JadeFarms

Free Ranging
May 3, 2019
Florida
Maybe you need to buy some from a different breeder/hatchery... wherever you're getting yours from must be raising some defective birds 😂
No it’s just the Orpington’s, Hoover’s and Cackle is what I use. It’s not that they’re mean it’s just that they’re skittish and dumb. I mean that with all respect to them.

AntiqueB

Songster
Aug 27, 2020
Bergen County, NJ
I love my BO, appropriately named Love. Nothing beats seeing her running over for treats -- so big and fluffy, she practically waddles! She's always looking to be petted, and will jump right up on my lap as soon as I sit. They're the Golden Retrievers of the chicken world! :love

Attachments

Jul 18, 2018
Nebraska
No it’s just the Orpington’s, Hoover’s and Cackle is what I use. It’s not that they’re mean it’s just that they’re skittish and dumb. I mean that with all respect to them.
On a side note, how do you like Cackle hatchery? I've always used Murray McMurray, but I've looked into Cackle before.

Jul 18, 2018
Nebraska
Funny story about my first buff named Goldie...
I was about 8-9 years old when I got my first flock. I LOVED Goldie. She and I were very good pals. At the time I lived in a small subdivision outside of town, and was the only one with chickens. So one day, I am carrying Goldie around the neighborhood going on a walk, which apparently is not a normal thing to do. One of my neighbors sees me and calls out, "What sort of dog do you have there?" I walk over to her, tell her it is not a dog, it is a chicken, then proceed to tell her breed and gender. She asks a couple of questions about chickens, which I answer, then proceeds to stare at me very oddly as I continue to go on my walk with my chicken.

Top Bottom