Who else loves their Orps? Orp lovers and Orps ONLY Thread. If you are going to hate on Orps, you aren't allowed.

Maybe you need to buy some from a different breeder/hatchery... wherever you're getting yours from must be raising some defective birds 😂
No it’s just the Orpington’s, Hoover’s and Cackle is what I use. It’s not that they’re mean it’s just that they’re skittish and dumb. I mean that with all respect to them.

I love my BO, appropriately named Love. Nothing beats seeing her running over for treats -- so big and fluffy, she practically waddles! She's always looking to be petted, and will jump right up on my lap as soon as I sit. They're the Golden Retrievers of the chicken world! :love

Attachments

• 1021201401a_HDR.jpg
    1021201401a_HDR.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 1021201401_HDR.jpg
    1021201401_HDR.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 5
No it’s just the Orpington’s, Hoover’s and Cackle is what I use. It’s not that they’re mean it’s just that they’re skittish and dumb. I mean that with all respect to them.
On a side note, how do you like Cackle hatchery? I've always used Murray McMurray, but I've looked into Cackle before.

Funny story about my first buff named Goldie...
I was about 8-9 years old when I got my first flock. I LOVED Goldie. She and I were very good pals. At the time I lived in a small subdivision outside of town, and was the only one with chickens. So one day, I am carrying Goldie around the neighborhood going on a walk, which apparently is not a normal thing to do. One of my neighbors sees me and calls out, "What sort of dog do you have there?" I walk over to her, tell her it is not a dog, it is a chicken, then proceed to tell her breed and gender. She asks a couple of questions about chickens, which I answer, then proceeds to stare at me very oddly as I continue to go on my walk with my chicken.

Back
Top Bottom