Who got the turkey carcass to make stock??

Quote:
There are many recipes out there for a stock but here is my quick one.

The stock rule is 2 pounds of meat/bone per quart of stock. I don't follow that closely because each bird is so different and if my stock is weak that it can immediately be turned into soup or can be boiled down some more.

Throw that carcass in a pot (I'd use an 8 or 10 quart)
Cut up a couple onions and 6 to 10 cloves of garlic
If I have some older carrots and celery sitting in the fridge I'll use 4 to 8 of each.
(If making soup you add the vegies later so they don't get too mushy)
Fill almost to the top with water
For spices all you need is parsley, salt and pepper. Sometimes I'll add coriander, bay leaves or sage.
Fill with water
Bring to a light boil and let go for as long as you want. I typically boil my stock lightly overnight and then simmer for the day.
For a crockpot I set it to medium for 24 hours.
For a pressure cooker I cook at pressure for an hour on medium heat and then let cool by itself under pressure. (I love my pressure cooker)

Strain and can, freeze, or make a good soup.

Quote:
Chickon baby, PC has got it down. But I will give you my lazy way. If you have a big GE roaster, you got it made! I put all bones, and whatever veggies available in the roaster and roast just that (no water) at 400 degrees. I stir occasionally and get it all nice and brown. Then I take out the big bones (legs, thighs, wings) wrap one a time in an old towel and break them to get the marrow exposed. Put back in the pot and fill it with water and add herbs & spices and simmer for 2 days. With my GE full I can get about 10 quarts of stock. I do some pints too as that is all is need if I want gravy.

As far as having the "world's" best pickles, is my families and friends opinion, but I will be glad to share the recipe. What I have done these last few years is pick our cucumbers when they are little (like 2-3ins) if bigger, I will slice length-wise Like the stackers you can buy. I agree, mine do get soggy if I let them get too big,

Quote:
I guess I don't' need to say I have solutions for that.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom