Who Keeps Bees and Poultry?

2 three pound packages of Italians. These will be my first bees ever!! Im both excited and terrified 😂. Just goes against all my instincts to intentionally shake an angry colony of bees, and yet, thats kind of why im excited😂. Does that make any sense because I don't think it does:lol:. Anyways, I will post pictures when it all happens. My neighbor is an EXTREMELY experienced beekeeper. He learned beekeeping working with killer bees in Africa so this is no big deal for him😂. I got them from a company called Snoqualmie Valley Bee Company. I think they only do local stuff though.
Having a mentor, someone who can help out is extremely helpful!
I love having "Bee Friends" because they don't think it's crazy to talk about bees all the time. :highfive:
I book I love and refer to all the time is "Beekeeping for Dummies". It's extremely helpful. I have both the standard softcover book and the digital kindle one.

Having a mentor, someone who can help out is extremely helpful!
I love having "Bee Friends" because they don't think it's crazy to talk about bees all the time. :highfive:
I book I love and refer to all the time is "Beekeeping for Dummies". It's extremely helpful. I have both the standard softcover book and the digital kindle one.
Oh great! Yeah I got that book a little bit ago but haven't started in on it yet. Ive been reading another one I cant remember the title though. Something like the beekeepers manual or guide or something simple.

Good luck, it can be stressful so I hope it all goes well. :fl
Thank you! All DID go well. We went next door and helped a bit and learned how to do it in person. Then we did our own. All went great! Accidentally dropped the queen box into the box with everyone but that wasn't a big issue. All the marshmellow-ing went great, no lost queens. They were all very docile. No stings either! I cant wait to check on them in a few days!

Back
Top Bottom