who likes to read

Quote:
Seriously? Pilgrim's Progress is great! It's FAR easier to understand than Beowulf or the Canterbury Tales.
lol.png
(All are school assignments; I just liked Pilgrim's Progress)

Whats Pilgrims progress about? And who's the author?

Last edited:
yeah i keep an eye on her site to see when the latest books is released im already going HURRY UP AND BE RELEASED ALREADY! about the 6th book
lol.png
im a bit impatient

Last edited:
Quote:
Do you know if it is the last book or will we be waiting for more? I know she is starting a new series on one of the characters, but I'm really hoping it's the last so I have one less series to watch.

Quote:
Do you know if it is the last book or will we be waiting for more? I know she is starting a new series on one of the characters, but I'm really hoping it's the last so I have one less series to watch.

Quote:

Quote:
Seriously? Pilgrim's Progress is great! It's FAR easier to understand than Beowulf or the Canterbury Tales.
lol.png

maybe i was too young when i read it. i saw a very well done play of it that was interesting. I'm reading Churchill's history of england right now, it's good. i like history, esp. american history.

Quote:
lol.png

PP is an allegory of the Christian life. It was written in the 1600s I think, by John Bunyan, who had a dream chronicling everything in the book. He wrote PP while in Jail. It is a good book, but very hard to read becaus eof the old fashioned language.

Quote:
lol.png

Author is John Bunyan. It's an allegory of the Christian journey, a very good read IMHO. Bunyan wrote it while in jail for - get this - preaching without a license.
lol.png
I found it to be an easy read, but it probably helped that the assignments just before that were Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, and then John Milton's "Paradise Lost." At the beginning of the year we read "Beowulf," a painful read if ever there was one.
lol.png

Quote:
OMG I do the same thing, I mostly read classic also. Those are the best, and collect them. I enjoy pilgrams progress and the Canterbury Tales, though Beowolf taxes my to the limit. I love Dickens, and CS Lewis.

Back
Top Bottom