Who orders vegetable seeds through the mail?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cluckychick, Mar 9, 2009.

1. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Who orders their seeds through the mail and where do you order yours? I have a few seed catalogs like Park, Burpee, Territorial. Who's your favorite? Is there one that offers free shipping?

2. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I like Territorial and a few organic seed sources.

3. lisahaschickens

lisahaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    there are many great organic and heirloom seeds places out there. It's great to grow heirlooms because you are helping to save the variety, plus many of them have superb flavor! My favorites are Botanical Interests, Renee's Garden, Seed Savers, and Cherry Gal.... but there are plenty of others. I highly suggest all of those. They have more variety than you could ever use!

4. I'm ordering from Burpee but it's my first time ordering seeds online. I wanted some bazar looking veggies this year, odd colors and shapes, etc.

5. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    My favorites are Thompson & Morgan, Park's and Totally Tomatoes. I like unique plants and they all have a great variety.

6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Baker Creek Heirloom seeds, www.rareseeds.com A ton of different seeds, small family operation and fast very reasonable shipping. I love them

7. Want2BFarmer

Want2BFarmer Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2009
    PA
    I use parks and have not had a problem except for stuff being on back order for about 2 months now. I like ordering off the internet because you have more choices on the seeds and they are fresher then the ones you get in the stores (I guess)

8. happyheart

happyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Thornville, Oh
    I guess it depends what you are looking for I have used baker creek and i recently have used www.ohioheirloomseeds.com I like the heirloom plants so i go for the heirloom companies. I have also bought plants (native herbs) off of ebay that i couldnt find elsewhere.

9. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    I ordered from Seeds of Change and Henry and Fields.

10. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    I tried the Urban Faremer for some this year www.ufseeds.com
    I have ordered from Burpee (and liked!) and this year from Park also. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Hoping the ground starts to thaw quickly!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by