Who wants to reset their metabolism with me? Update info on page 2

Quote:
My cousin did this for about six months. She loved it, but then it quit working and while she stayed right with their "program" she did not continue to lose weight and even gained back at least half of the lost weight.

She is certanly not happy with it anymore. And the failure of it was not due to anything she did.

Not trying to rock the boat, but thought I would pass on the info of how it worked out for my cousin (who is a nurse).

Quote:
My cousin did this for about six months. She loved it, but then it quit working and while she stayed right with their "program" she did not continue to lose weight and even gained back at least half of the lost weight.

She is certanly not happy with it anymore. And the failure of it was not due to anything she did.

Not trying to rock the boat, but thought I would pass on the info of how it worked out for my cousin (who is a nurse).

I get you. Its not going to work for all, and Matt admits that.
It seems to work best for those with severe thyroid issues, and nothing else has worked.

Wanted to note as well, that Matt does nto advocate staying on a strict RRARF for as long as your cousin did. 30 days strict, and then adjust. Watch for the signs that your body is ready to get moving.

Last edited:
Good quote from Matt Stone in the comments section of a post on his blog.

The yardstick for good health these days is not whether you have health problems or not, but whether your abs are visible or not, which makes the whole health/nutrition/diet/fitness industry pretty much a complete joke.

Where I live if you can run a marathon you are healthy. Whether you menstruate or not, are mentally sane, have tooth decay or acne - that doesn't matter!​

From Matt Stone.
Plus a good link. Watch the short video at the end of the page.
Explains the real role of Cholesterol, for one thing.

What's important to note is the sequence, and understand it.

1) Dieting makes body shed fat first.

2) Body panics at food shortage, sheds lots of muscle tissue and slows down metabolism

3) Body primes itself for restoring fat levels for safety

4) Stop dieting, body fat returns first, mostly in the abdomen where it's most needed to fuel vital organs during famine

5) Body fat becomes plentiful, body's feeling good and safe

6) Body increases metabolic rate and rebuilds lost muscle tissue

7) Body fat levels decrease

Many people have gone through that natural progression, and eventually it gets to the point in many where scale weight remains the same or even increases while body fat levels decline, particularly in the waist.

This is really amazing when you think about it - being in positive calorie balance (gaining muscle and total weight) while being in negative fat balance (more fat burned than stored).​

Back
Top Bottom