Who will win the Derby today?

I don't know, but I'm going to a Derby party where we will each pay a dollar to draw a horse's name from a hat, and the one holding the winning horse's name wins the pot. Whatever horse I draw, will not win. Never has, never will. Don't know why I bother.

What about Pants on Fire?? I just love that name.
big_smile.png

Trust me. I am in Louisville at the moment, not for the derby, and I have seen enough silly hats to last me a life time. Plus last night while we were out the sillier the hat the drunker the person. It was so bad DD ask why they weren't being arrested for public intoxication.

For about ten years, I always picked the winner. Normally what I did was get the paper the morning of the race and trace my finger over the names until I kept coming back to one. Thats usually who won. I also, a couple of times, when asked, would just say who would win. I picked five winners doing that. Haven't done the name picking out of the paper for a while, though. I just watch and wonder like everyone else. I know one thing, everything stops when the horses are running.
smile.png

Rammy

Back
Top Bottom