Whole Corn Vs Cracked Corn, What do you use?

Joe.G

Songster
8 Years
Nov 16, 2011
Eastern NY
I have always used Cracked Corn as a treat, I picked up a Bag of Whole Corn and the birds seem to love it, I feed it as a treat adn I also have mixed it with there Pellets.

I have Chickens, Gunieas,Peafowl,Pheasants and Pigeons, any issues with any of these birds eatting Whole corn?

How do you guys feed your corn as a treat?
Mixed with there Pellets?
Is corn all you feed?

Thanks

Short billed birds or smaller birds may have problems ingesting the corn. Cracked corn has a greater possibility of becoming moldy. I feed a pigeon grain mix supplemented with whole corn in the cold weather.

You can feed both to regular sized pigeons.

I prefer the cracked corn.. .as when I throw some around the yard it take the chickens and pigeons longer to find and eat it all... so giving them something to do.. and also I like to sit and watch them walking and pecking about.

Both kinds are great for the birds... but too much of any one thing is not good in the long run. Too much corn can make pigeons get overweight.

Used as a treat its fine. Also mix a small amount with the regular seed mix it good too, but I would not feed only corn and nothing else.

, No this is not Sole ration this is as a treat, My Pigeons are Kept with my Peafowl, I wanted to try a little bit more corn this year in there diet to see if I can get the Yellow to Pop more on teh Peafowl.

Back
Top Bottom