Who's anxiously awaiting spring already?!?!?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silkieluver_07, Oct 27, 2009.

1. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I can't wait till spring comes. My favorite time of the year!! That is when my hatching addiction starts up again also. I'm so sad that I can't hatch anymore eggs over winter. [​IMG]

Count down to spring!! 120 days until the beginning of March!!! [​IMG]

2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG] Me.....I just love everything about spring!

3. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    OMG! Hubby is getting me an incubator for Christmas!!!! Come on Spring!! Looking forward to starting my olive-egger project!

4. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Me!!!!!!!! I am hoping to get ducks, however, I have to wait until Spring [​IMG]
    I dont think I have anymore room for chickens [​IMG] So my next project is ducks [​IMG] but I will continue with chickens [​IMG]

And hopefully, we might be able to have some lambs aswell

eggsrcool [​IMG]

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Yup. I already have hatching eggs awaiting spring.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Certainly NOT me!!! I'm still awaiting Fall! [​IMG] lol

7. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I would give anything to skip Winter and jump right to Spring!

I have added 4 pens/coops since last Winter and I hated carrying water out then. Its going to be tons more work this year. I also hate the cold and probably won't be hatching anything this Winter either, so its going to be a longggg 5 months!

Forgot to add the fact that I have new Seramas and other babies that I am eager to have grow up, so I can start breeding them....c'mon Spring!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  8. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

ME! Me! ME! I am all booey hooey over this nasty weather and winter coming. I love fall too, but I always think, "can winter be far behind". I HATE cold, I hate snow. I always told my mom she got the wrong baby, I was suppose to go with that Hawaiian family down the hall!!!!

9. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    OH GOOD LORD! I am getting a big fancy schmancy incubator for Christmas, and it's going to KILL me to leave it sit there all shiny, prestine, and unused until the end of January!!! Which is all the longer I will be waiting! Gotta get those show babies all plumped up before fair!! [​IMG]

WOO HOO FOR SPRING AND FUZZY BUTTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. possumqueen

possumqueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Monroe, North Carolina
    Love the fall.[​IMG] It means that summer is over.[​IMG] Winter (favorite season) is on the way.[​IMG]

Spring is okaaaaaay, I guess,[​IMG] except that it means summer is coming.[​IMG]

On the other hand, I will have my coop finished by spring, and I will be getting back into chickens.[​IMG]

So that will be compensation for having to live through the summer next year.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by