Who's ready for Thanksgiving?

I will be covering both jobs this week. When I get home Wednesday morning, I guess the best I can do is boil about 2 dozen eggs and devil them. I just hope this time I don't doze off on the couch again. Last time I boiled eggs, the popping of eggs exploding woke me up. Thought I was being shot at. lol (need to set the alarm, just in case. Maybe I should set two or three.....)

YES!!! We will have a family friend over on Thanksgiving and then the Sat after my sister and i are going to pack Operation Christmas Child at the ware house!! And THen we have a birthday party!! So its going to be a crazy Sat!

Chicken Girl

We had my daughter's whole play group over on Saturday for a Thanksgiving Potluck. There were 40 people!!!! It was the first time I roasted a turkey, and it turned out perfectly. I brined it with kosher salt, brown sugar, worchshire, garlic, and pepper. I got rave reviews. I was so proud of myself!!!! We used to have Thanksgiving for my whole inlaw's family at my house, but this year they don't want to come to my house
sad.png
I guess I am not good enough for them. Kinda makes me sad, but it is a load off my ack to not have to do everything.

I'm ready!! Today is just an easy day for me cooking wise.

Tomorrow tho I start the prepping, and Wed I start the brining of the turkey, making of pies, the makeahead gravy, etc etc etc.

This way Thursday isnt that OMG and overwhelming.

Its jsut me and DH, but there are times he has people from work that dont have family here that he brings home for Thanksgiving....so I am always making extra in case. And if its just us, the leftovers mostly freeze great! And then we just eat the stuff that doesnt freeze well for a few days after lol

I never have to cook for about a week after Turkeyday! lol

OK, me being picky.

In your title, "Who's" is the proper terminology. Because you're making a conjunction between "Who" and "is". Who's = who is ready.

/rant

As for Turkey day...
sad.png
I get to eat at Wal-Mart. Just found out I work the 2-11 shift, not the 10-7.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom