Who's right? Me or Hubby???

Hen_House_Rocks!

Songster
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
So, our oldest daughter is turning six next week. We decided to throw her her first big kids party. We've invited all her friends and some kids from her class will be there. (Around 18 kids total.) It's a star wars themed party and I have made up all kinds of games, bought masks and prizes for the kids, made star wars themed decorations and really done a lot to make this party exciting. I will have spent around $60 total to throw the party. This is way more than we usually spend on our kids' birthday gifts. We usually have a $30 limit on birthdays. I think that throwing the party for her should be her gift. (Especially with X-mas coming up so soon.) Hubby thinks we need to buy her an actual gift. What do ya'll think?

Buy the gift too.
big_smile.png

I personally think no matter how you explain it a 6 year old wont understand that the party IS the gift.

in my opinion you chose how much to spend ... you could have cut some of the stuff you bought out to make it more affordable.... you didnt.

Christmas is close but she wont get that either...

i think you need to just buy her a yoda and call it a lesson learned.

Awww man guys! You're killing me!!!

She's the type of kid that most likely won't even notice if we don't buy a gift. (Especially with 18 other gifts.) She's MOST happy playing outside with sticks and mud and chickens than actual toys, anyway.

I can just see it now. She opens all her gifts and the last one is a box of mud and sticks. She tosses everything aside and starts building delicious mud pies.
smile.png
I should totally do this!

Back
Top Bottom