who's your hero?

TheDuckCrew

Songster
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Connecticut
Id have to say my hero is my maternal grandmother. about 9 years ago when i was around 7 or 8 i believe, she was diagnosed with throat cancer from her obsessive smoking. after lots of radiation and a surgery that practically cut her head off, they killed all the cancer. but now her throat was cooked and they ended up taking out her saliva glands. for years she could only eat mcdonalds sundays. but every year for thanksgiving, shed go down to florida with her sister to see some family down there. one year, the trip really helped her. she started to be able to eat real foods, just with a lot of water. she's still eating as much as she can and has gained some weight. she has severe bone loss and a few years back, she had terribleee stomach ulcers from all the meds she was taking. a couple months ago, she had a pinched nerve that left her unable to move for months. the doctors were trying everything, and nothing was working. finally, their last ditch effort took, and she's okay now. after all these years and all the pain she's been through, she never complains. she's always positive and loving and is the best grandma out there. she cooks the most amazinggg food too, even though she can't eat most of it. whenever i bring her goodies to lunch with me, my friends ask, "are those from grandma miller!?" when they meet her, they always tell her she's the best cook out there, and she really is. she's just amazing. she neverrr complains and she's always working hard and trying her best. man, she's incredible. i wrote her a letter today after i woke up from a nap and i had flowers from her sitting there telling me to get better soon. just last night i was thinking about how amazing she is. she is truly my hero. she had a reallyyy hard life, and is still the sweetest lady i know. i love you grandma
smile.png

so who's your hero??

Back
Top Bottom