who's your hero?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheDuckCrew, Jan 13, 2010.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Id have to say my hero is my maternal grandmother. about 9 years ago when i was around 7 or 8 i believe, she was diagnosed with throat cancer from her obsessive smoking. after lots of radiation and a surgery that practically cut her head off, they killed all the cancer. but now her throat was cooked and they ended up taking out her saliva glands. for years she could only eat mcdonalds sundays. but every year for thanksgiving, shed go down to florida with her sister to see some family down there. one year, the trip really helped her. she started to be able to eat real foods, just with a lot of water. she's still eating as much as she can and has gained some weight. she has severe bone loss and a few years back, she had terribleee stomach ulcers from all the meds she was taking. a couple months ago, she had a pinched nerve that left her unable to move for months. the doctors were trying everything, and nothing was working. finally, their last ditch effort took, and she's okay now. after all these years and all the pain she's been through, she never complains. she's always positive and loving and is the best grandma out there. she cooks the most amazinggg food too, even though she can't eat most of it. whenever i bring her goodies to lunch with me, my friends ask, "are those from grandma miller!?" when they meet her, they always tell her she's the best cook out there, and she really is. she's just amazing. she neverrr complains and she's always working hard and trying her best. man, she's incredible. i wrote her a letter today after i woke up from a nap and i had flowers from her sitting there telling me to get better soon. just last night i was thinking about how amazing she is. she is truly my hero. she had a reallyyy hard life, and is still the sweetest lady i know. i love you grandma [​IMG]

so who's your hero??

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    My dad. :) Some day, I hope to be as important and loved in my childrens lives as he is in ours.

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Family- my parents.
    Not family- William Mcdonough , Al Gore & Sarah Susanka

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My DH will always be my hero, for more reasons than I could ever explain here. [​IMG]

5. A1 Steak Sauce

A1 Steak Sauce Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    My House
    My best friend.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  6. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Mine is kinda random but the character Buck from Ice Age 3. He IS AWESOME!!! [​IMG]

7. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    My DH! He completes me!

8. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    wonder woman!!!![​IMG]

9. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps