Whose egg is this?

Perry17

Songster
Sep 17, 2017
I just added my pullets in with my flock yesterday, and today I got an adorable little egg. (My absolute favorites are tiny "first eggs" haha)

The pullets I have are Barred Rocks and Silver Laced Wyandottes. I was surprised how dark of an egg I got from them. I can't decide which breed laid it? Any guesses?

I'm assuming the big one in the second picture is a double yolker from one of my older girls, love it when my girls give me cool eggs. Today I hit the jackpot! :D

IMG_2717.JPG

IMG_2718.JPG

I have one Barred Rock pullet and two Silver Laced pullets. They were "chick days" chicks from Tractor Supply. So I guess you never know what you will end up with from there. I bought 2 Barred Rocks as pullets, and ones a rooster. :rolleyes: So there's no telling what else they could have mixed up. I have never had hens of these two breeds, so I'm not sure.

My other hens are a variety of different breeds, but all of those lay a creamy tan/pink color. So it has to be from one of the pullets. And I was expecting the same light colors from these pullets too though.

It's not a maran dark, but it is still darker than what I was expecting. Hmmmm :confused: Guess I will just wait and see when the other two start laying. Haha

IMG_2721.JPG
IMG_2724.PNG

I can't see the comb too well, but the pullet in the second pic looks more like a Dominique than a BR to me and doesn't look to be at the point of lay. If it is indeed a BR, it definitely is not at POL.

Back
Top Bottom