Why DIdn't Someone Warn Me? :)

LOL. Tell me about it. I didn't even WANT ducks.My husband and I went to TSC to pick up pellets and he saw the chicks and ducklings. He wanted to get some chickens. I kept telling him we don't need chickens and what they heck are we going to do with them. Then I innocently said ducks are cuter. We left without getting any new pets. Tee next day I woke up from a nap to find my husband gone. When he got home he had two ducklings. Now it is ME who is researching and looking to find more ducks to add. HAHA.

gig.gif

LOL. Tell me about it. I didn't even WANT ducks.My husband and I went to TSC to pick up pellets and he saw the chicks and ducklings. He wanted to get some chickens. I kept telling him we don't need chickens and what they heck are we going to do with them. Then I innocently said ducks are cuter. We left without getting any new pets. Tee next day I woke up from a nap to find my husband gone. When he got home he had two ducklings. Now it is ME who is researching and looking to find more ducks to add. HAHA.

Oh my goodness! LOVE IT!! The addiction with ducks started last year. I was hatching out some ducks for a friend and I just in love with the biggest duckling. He turned into a sweet Magpie drake, I was also hatching some White Call eggs that I had swapped for and I had 3 hatch (one died), and I ended up with a pair! I'm in love with all three of my babies and this is the scary part!! I should have a dozen Magpie eggs in the mail this morning, a dozen mixed duck eggs coming next week. Then in a couple of months I will be getting Butterscotch, Pastel, Buff, and Chocolate Calls...and maybe somemore Whites..me addicted?? NO WAY!! ; ) LOL Welcome to the sickness girl!!

~ Aspen

Another thing I am finding so neat about them is their personalities. They are so individual! The two Khakis are very flighty but the Rouens have some sass and the Runners are just so sweet.

Next year, chickens.

we have over 70 chickens and 13 ducks. Don't tell the chickens but I prefer the ducks
lau.gif
. Ducks greet newbies with open wings, no hen pecking, just plain easy. MESSY but just pure enjoyment. I plan on hatching more Runners. We only have 2 Runners. I would love Ancona's also. love my ducks!

Back
Top Bottom