Why do Geese & Ducks always find the one string in the yard...........

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
And get caught up in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif
I swear I spend most of my time chasing down ducks and geese to get some piece of string, rope, plastic hay wrap... something---- unwrapped from their stumpy little legs. Also.... how can they find the one plastic bag or empty feed bag and tear it to pieces all over they yard and make it look like the dog did it so the dog gets wacked and they go scott free???????

Around where I live, the geese tend to avoid those things, but the pigeons are constantly getting fishing line around their legs, the ducks are second most likely to have that problem, too.

Been there, done that with the string issue here a while back!

My Canada goose managed to tie a string from a feedsack around both its ankles, TIGHT.

I was glad I saw the problem when I did, even though I think it'd been that way maybe overnight. I got it cut off and it gimped around a little bit, but after a little while it was fine.

And yes, they'll shred anything that doesn't shred them first. LOL

I am always wondering when their going to find that screw or nail that dropped to the ground and I looked for frantically and couldn't find. Hopefully they won't either. My gander is the worst for trying to shread anything he can get his bill around, Even my shoes if I let him, pants legs are real popular with him too
hmm.png
hmm.png

Last edited:
and it is sooo embarassing when company come knocking on the front door and behind them I see a hen running frantically back and forth screaming with a plastic bag handle wrapped around her head. of course the bag was running after her....I was so red...my company had to help me chase her down to remove the monster following her.

gig.gif

This is why I got rid of half my flock, and am still working on the rest. . . . I love the looks and thoughts of geese, especially Sebastopols, but sheesh then I own some. . .

Back
Top Bottom