Why do my two pullet sisters look this different?

Scottandash16

In the Brooder
Aug 19, 2023
Howell, Michigan
Our ladies are about 16 weeks old, we bought them all at the same time. But two of the girls (I think) look a lot different than each other. Any idea why?

Appreciate any help!
IMG_1835.jpeg
IMG_1836.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1836.jpeg
    IMG_1836.jpeg
    655.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1835.jpeg
    IMG_1835.jpeg
    603.3 KB · Views: 15
A couple of my confirmed girls at a little over 5 mos / 20ish weeks, same date on both pictures. My runty pullet looked dramatically different from her blooming sisters despite age being equal:
Screenshot_20230819-182921.png

I'd want a full body shot to weigh in on sex.

A couple of my confirmed girls at a little over 5 mos / 20ish weeks, same date on both pictures. My runty pullet looked dramatically different from her blooming sisters despite age being equal:
View attachment 3614346
I'd want a full body shot to weigh in on sex.
super helpful! Had no idea two of the same age and same breed could be so different!

I don’t see shackle feather on the neck of this youngster.

This is a 13 week cockerel and you can see his neck feathers are fuller and longer.
View attachment 3614341

Also he has a sickle shaped tail and holds himself like a Roo, and he is bottom of the Pecking order here.
Yeah I don’t think it’s a cockerel either

@ColtHandorf has Orpingtons and should be able to tell if that’s a cockerel or not.

This is a 13 week cockerel and you can see his neck feathers are fuller and longer.
7642DAD2-57E4-4440-821B-2FA1D64A9C18.jpeg

Also he has a sickle shaped tail and holds himself like a Roo, and he is bottom of the Pecking order here.

View attachment 3614341

Definitely doesn’t have a tail feather like that or any posture that is different from the other 9. Neither of the Orpingtons (or as I call them the light brown ones) are in charge. That honor belongs to my gray one named Nugget.

Back
Top Bottom