WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP CHICKENS INSIDE THEIR HOMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always even before all this wiped down my grocery cart and used hand sanitizer. My fiancee used to laugh about it and compared me to "Monk". When this went down though I had the last laugh. Wash your hands and say your prayers because Jesus and germs are everywhere :thumbsup
I like the way you think. I respectfully disagree with the jesus thing, but absolutely concur regarding the latter part of that statement. Thanks for your logical input.

Again, not bothering me bc my house is clean and there are no chickens running around in it. I am simply asking for people to explain the mindset behind it (without straying off topic and talking about gods and mythological creation stories). It’s not my fault that people stray off topic and get defensive and nasty.

It apparently does bother you because you wouldn't have posted this and argued with people who responded if you didn't care what other people choose to do with their homes or their chickens. The reality is that people are going to do what they are going to do and you aren't entitled to an explanation just because you demand one. And it is your fault that people are "defensive and nasty" because you phrased your question in such a way to put people in that mindset. If you truly wanted to understand, you could have used language that invites conversation. Instead you began by explaining how disgusting and irrational you find these people so why would you think they'd be anxious to come forward and have a polite conversation with you?

I have brought my chickens inside and don’t like when they have accidents I understand that. I make sure my chickens don’t stink and have clean feet before I bring them in. And I will hold them or wrap them up in a towel or blanket and let them nap for a bit then I return them outside. They don’t poop as long as you are holding them or they are wrapped. I don’t let them wander for a couple reasons poop being one of them. I don’t know about other people but to me that isn’t a big deal.

I don't know. To each their own.
All I know is when I brooded my first set of chicks in the house, I pretty much threw them outside as soon as I could. I couldn't stand it, I was pretty much dancing and throwing glitter as soon as they was out.🙄

Same!! Mine stayed in the house longer than I planned because my coop build was delayed and if I could have thrown a parade I would have!!! The new chicks are only 4 weeks old and I am counting down the days for them to move out. I should start making floats for my parade now!

Same!! Mine stayed in the house longer than I planned because my coop build was delayed and if I could have thrown a parade I would have!!! The new chicks are only 4 weeks old and I am counting down the days for them to move out. I should start making floats for my parade now!
I’m like “oh nice sunny warm weather”...(soon seen dragging the brooder out to the deck)

It apparently does bother you because you wouldn't have posted this and argued with people who responded if you didn't care what other people choose to do with their homes or their chickens. The reality is that people are going to do what they are going to do and you aren't entitled to an explanation just because you demand one. And it is your fault that people are "defensive and nasty" because you phrased your question in such a way to put people in that mindset. If you truly wanted to understand, you could have used language that invites conversation. Instead you began by explaining how disgusting and irrational you find these people so why would you think they'd be anxious to come forward and have a polite conversation with you?
I never said I was entitled to one. I asked a genuine question.

I too have never understood it. I also dont understand people who let an animal that has no control over its sphincter to walk all around their home. This meaning guinea pigs, birds, chickens and the like. I've personally owned a rabbit, a rat, a gerbil and a hamster. Only the rat was allowed to walk around freely because I trained it to do its business in its cage. My problem is not with the idea of disease...its the poop. I see people all the time that just let pigeons, cockateils, and birds just fly around their home with NO diaper. Poop would be everywhere unless you followed that bird all around cleaning up behind it. I dont think I could live like that. Maybe someone with birds like this could explain how they deal with the poo problem? :idunno

rats are incontinent. They may poop in the cage but thiey pee everywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom