Why do roosters crow?

My biggest issue is that our bedroom window faces south and our coop is on the south side of the property.

I can definitely notice the difference when the coop windows are open vs shut.

Check which way the coop windows/ventilation face. Maybe having them face away from the house would make a difference.

And the idea of planting bushes or trees (especially evergreens) between the coop & house might help too.

Check which way the coop windows/ventilation face. Maybe having them face away from the house would make a difference.

And the idea of planting bushes or trees (especially evergreens) between the coop & house might help too.
The ventilation holes are on every side of the coop. There's no window to open or close. Theyre just holes with mesh vent guards and fans hooked up to them to blow air out. Our deck is on the south side too attached to the house so no place for bushes to plant. Maybe theres a way I could sound proof our bedroom window 🤔

Maybe you need to build him a sound proof coop. Or line your coop in sound proof material. I am defiantly not serious in this hypothetical situation, but it has been done, not by me, but by the lady in the video! Lol! It may acutely not be a bad idea, if you are willing to pay for it, and give it a go! I don't know! Lol!
Here is a video, incase you want to consider it!🤪

Last edited:
Double paned windows and a sleep machine? I never open bedroom windows since I can hear every tiny thing outside otherwise.
Ooo a sleep machine. Always wanted to try that. Maybe I can get the fiancee on board. He doesnt even like the fan on. Luckily my roo didnt crow until 5 am this morning. Maybe he got the memo that mommy is unhappy :lau

Maybe you need to build him a sound proof coop. Or line your coop in sound proof material. I am defiantly not serious in this hypothetical situation, but it has been done, not by me, but by the lady in the video! Lol! It may acutely not be a bad idea, if you are willing to pay for it, and give it a go! I don't know! Lol!
Here is a video, incase you want to consider it!🤪
Honestly when he shut the door and crowed thats about what it sounds like in our bedroom. Maybe a bit quieter. I'm just a very light sleeper. I wouldnt go through the trouble to make a whole new coop to accommodate one roos annoyance

My NJG rooster begins at about 5 when the rooster about 900’ away crows. My subordinate rooster, in the same coop, does not crow until after daybreak and the doors open.
Our roo Quasimodo usually crows around 5 which is usually when I wake up anyway. But it's starting to get darker sooner and for the past 2 nights its been at 4am. When I open the run he shuts up if its light out. Then hes "on the prowl" for the ladies. Its 7:45 now and he just started crowing again

Back
Top Bottom