Why Doesn't My Silkie Chicken Lay an Egg

that is about he cutest thing I have ever seen. She looks like she quite enjoys her little diaper dress lol

I myself am new to chickens have 4 doms at 7 weeks right now and really wanting a silkie !
they just seem so personable.

good luck with your girl, no real help just wanted to add she's adorable.

I have ten silkies. three roosters. They are five months old but they haven't laid yet. normally they lay anytime from five to nine months. I love my little silkies!!!

my silkeys laid like crazy , and went broody alot!, she needs to be outside with other chickens and be a bird,you cant make her a person, she needs to be a bird,

Your chicken might not lay for another few months
he.gif

Maybe they have to become sexually matured first?I heard they lay every so often.I really wouldn't ge ta Silkie as my number 1 hen to count on good eggs,and laying.It takes about 5 eggs to make 1 omilet.M
Maybe try a RIR,PR,or/and a BO?

I have many other chickens outside. I would never put her out with them because she has been in the house with me for four years. She would not know how to survive outside. When i put her out in the grass on nice days she stays for awhile, but comes to me and wants me to pick her up and take her back to her cage. If i put her on the floor in the house she runs to her cage. She is a happy little bird. If you had a cuckatoo or perakeet or any pet bird you wouldn't throw them outside.

Back
Top Bottom