Why have a rooster? new Pg 10 video pg 13

What is red bleed through?

It's all that red in his blue hackles. It's supposedly hard to breed out. Blues get brassy/gold-ish anyway in the hackles if they are always in the sun or with age, but Lance is red in that area. He's a winner in my book, red or no red, though.​

I dreamed last night about that scene, played it over and over-it just wouldn't leave my head. That boy was just amazing. And to think, he's super sweet with people, in addition to being about the bravest rooster I've ever known. You lucked out with Lancelot after we lost Thor so suddenly. We've both been blessed with awesome roosters.

Good job to Lancelot and you LH! As for bad roos, they go to freezer camp. I do not keep mean birds, I have young kids. They may be the best type out there, I don't care. I have roos who are sweet, take care of the hens, and that's what is important.

Great Story!
And good shot that would have been a bit tense, (One shot, a coyote at full charge, your baby boy threatened)
thumbsup.gif

the tale of Lancelot will continue on

Quote:
I told my mum about how the ailing Thor refused to eat the blueberries and instead sang to his hens to eat them, and she cried! She was so touched. I couldn't go on to tell her about Lancelot because by this point she was too sentimental. Bless all those wonderful gentleman roosters out there. They have a thing or two to teach the young men of today!

smile.png

Quote:
I agree. I still miss Thor everyday and it has been almost a year and it still hurts. But I do love my boy Lancelot, heck I love all of my boys.

Carolyn...I will make sure as soon as one of these Suede babies pops up a comb, he is yours. I know someone who can transport him to the Knoxsville area from here and you could pick him up there.
smile.png

Quote:
I told my mum about how the ailing Thor refused to eat the blueberries and instead sang to his hens to eat them, and she cried! She was so touched. I couldn't go on to tell her about Lancelot because by this point she was too sentimental. Bless all those wonderful gentleman roosters out there. They have a thing or two to teach the young men of today!

smile.png

Oh are you referring to when he got the blade of his comb ripped off? That was really the only time my Thor was every under the weather. If you refer to another Thor, it sounds much like something my Thor would have done.

Quote:

smile.png

Oh are you referring to when he got the blade of his comb ripped off? That was really the only time my Thor was every under the weather. If you refer to another Thor, it sounds much like something my Thor would have done.

Goodness me, there were two much loved Thor's on this site! I only just did a search to sort out why I got mixed up. The other Thor passed just recently.

It seems that name created wonderful, gentlemanly roosters.

Back
Top Bottom