Why I love my geese!

THAT's better!

You guys forget I am stuck in suburbia and can't have geese so I have to just drool over your photos
big_smile.png

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

I love the name "Petey Peters" What a cutie!
I'm no going to ask you how you named him BECAUSE I have a "Little Geogie Zipper" boy.
Great minds think alike!
celebrate.gif

Louis and Ee'qua (No idea what their sexes are; they're about 4 months old.):

53034_geese1_001.jpg

Are you ready to let us in YET?

53034_geese1_002.jpg

Something looks good by the duck pen:

53034_geese1_003.jpg

Ee'qua in foreground; Louis behind.

53034_geese1_008.jpg

The answer is . . . how can you NOT love your geese? When they tilt their head and look up at you like that? I have lots of critters, but none of them LOOK at me the way my geese do. I have ducks now, for the first time, and expected a similar relationship with them (being waterfowl and all). But it's not there, at least to the degree it is with the geese.

THey always have a smile on their face too
big_smile.png
. Mine crinkle their eyes at me, like they are smiling or glad to see me. And it's not just about getting fed, either. They like my company
smile.png
And I certainly love theirs.

I want to join the picture posting.......geese are just soo darn cute!!!

Tasting my step sons clothes...
56528_21.jpg

Looking to see what's in the bucket..
56528_22.jpg

Would rather eat the bucket than the treats inside...
56528_23.jpg

And we love to lay and taunt the chickens....
56528_24.jpg

Why I love my goose:

1. He wakes me up at 4.30 in the morning to tell me it's time for a diaper change (and yes, he sleeps in my bed right next to my pillow. When I tried to put him in a box next to the bed he was heartbroken, making little unhappy sounds until I caved. Back in the bed he chirped happily and settled right in).

2. The way he'll do anything for a piece of cat food!

3. When I'm groggy in the morning and he thinks it's time to go outside, he'll walk to the front door, making a half-hearted "I think I'm lost-call" to get me to follow him.

4. The way he torpedoes around underwater in his kiddie pool.

5. He loves to tuck his bill in my hand when he takes a nap in my lap.

6. The way he greets my friends and runs to them.

7. The way he tries to get my friends to stay when they leave, following them halfway out and calling for them. Finally he gives up and walks back to me in a h-e-a-v-y trot, still calling softly.

8. He always goes the wrong way around in my yard, getting himself stuck in a dead corner. Then he calls for me to come get him.

9. He loved to nap in my shoe when he was little.
62452_keld_i_sko.jpg

10. What's not to love?
62452_chillin.jpg
62452_spisetid.jpg

I didn't think I wanted geese, but when we saw some saddleback sebastopol goslings at the NE chickenstock, we couldn't resist. We now have 2 Sebbies and 2 Embens. They are awesome! I love watching them run across the yard with their wings outstretched and adore when they talk to us. My DH goes out every morning to have a conversation with them.
DSC01153.jpg

I think I was getting yelled at because there was empty watermelon rind.

DSC01151.jpg

I do believe they have made it their mission to leave no green left in the yard.
roll.png

They are 4 times larger than our OEGB roo who hates them and they always go running and screaming from him.
They are a bad influence on the ducks. The ducks have never gone in the chicken coop in the in the year since we've had a chicken coop, but we now catch them in there since the geese feel entitled to go where ever they please.
lol.png

Oh Goosegirl . . . I don't know how old you are but I want to adopt you as my very own
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

The pics of the legs extended behind remind me of how my babies used to sleep . . . and don't forget the pile of poo right behind their fuzzy butts . . .

The shoe pic is an absolute classic, you ought to try and get some royalties for that one.

Someday, when I am retired and don't have to work, I want to adopt a human imprinted-only house goose, diaper and all. I will be too old to get a gosling who might outlive me . . . but that is a silly little dream of mine.

I sleep with three geese (and two chickens), but not in the same bed. The geese sleep in a play yard with pee wee pads and the chickens roost on the sides, hopefully with their hineys pointing in the right direction
smile.png
Morningtimes involve a bit of clean up, if you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom