Why is Daffy's leg doing this?

ProudRedneck

Songster
Apr 11, 2022
Fruit Cove/St Augustine FL
Hey, can someone tell me what is happening to Daffy's leg and if this is something to be concerned about? It happens more towards the end of the video, kind of like her legs buckle.
Breed: Muscovy (Hen)
Mating: Yes, for the last month
Looked through past videos and seems as if this started 3 months ago but was subtle back then.
Thank you in advance.

Huh, odd. Have you been able to check/feel her leg, to see if there's any swelling or looseness in there? I agree, trying the vit b certainly can't hurt.
I have not yet, wanted to get yall's advice on what to check or look for. I will have to wait until tomorrow or later on tonight to check. If I have to bring them in because of this hurricane (tropical storm by the time it gets to us) then I will check once I have them inside.

Could be a slight injury from mating or jumping off of the side of the pool or something else she decided to jump off of. Or she may need some B complex which wouldn't hurt to give her even if an injury.
She's a pretty little thing.
Thank you Miss Lydia, I'm sure mating isn't helping but I went back to past videos I have taken of her and saw that her legs were doing this prior to her mating but not nearly as bad as now. To be honest, I wouldn't have seen it on the previous videos had I not specifically been looking for it, that's how subtle it was 3 months ago, and she's only been mating for the last month. No doubt she's probably injured it from all the zoomies she does coming out of the pool and running straight back into it without slowing up or like you said from jumping off of things. As you know, her breed loves to get on top of things high up LOL.

Also, how much? How am I supposed to administer it to her? On food, oral syringe, etc.? and is this one pictured below?

B Complex.jpg

Last edited:
I have not yet, wanted to get yall's advice on what to check or look for. I will have to wait until tomorrow or later on tonight to check. If I have to bring them in because of this hurricane (tropical storm by the time it gets to us) then I will check once I have them inside.
Take care and stay safe!!! I have moved three of my ducks to safety and the remaining two are confiend with extra food and water to their spacious coop!

Attachments

• 20220921_172025.jpg
    20220921_172025.jpg
    710.5 KB · Views: 1
Thank you Miss Lydia, I'm sure mating isn't helping but I went back to past videos I have taken of her and saw that her legs were doing this prior to her mating but not nearly as bad as now. To be honest, I wouldn't have seen it on the previous videos had I not specifically been looking for it, that's how subtle it was 3 months ago, and she's only been mating for the last month. No doubt she's probably injured it from all the zoomies she does coming out of the pool and running straight back into it without slowing up or like you said from jumping off of things. As you know, her breed loves to get on top of things high up LOL.

Also, how much? How am I supposed to administer it to her? On food, oral syringe, etc.? and is this one pictured below?

View attachment 3274558
I ml over a special treat.

Back
Top Bottom