Why is it...?

Sour, have you ever noticed how it's always a mans fault, even if a man is not involved? :oops:

That chickens choose to go broody when you really don't want a broody, don't need more chicks? I broke Nellie from her broodiness last month. She'd have made an awesome Mama. Now, I have a 6 month old PBR who is broody. So, she's gone on vacation in the tractor. She will get to spend her days there, and only go back to the coop after dark... with all nest boxes secure from her visitation. She's particularly tough. Last night I put her on roost at dusk, blocked boxes... only to check an hour later and find her hunkered down in front of the nest box blockade. Stubborn biddy.

Could have used a broody this spring. No one wanted to play that game then!

Why is it? Fill in the blank:____________________________________________________

I s

LOL, and so friendly as youngsters, they steal your heart, then let you down hard! Just like a man!!:oops: LOL

Why is it... when you WANT a broody, everyone else is complaining about theirs, and you know you have NO chance of it happening?

Cause, if you Don't want one, you'll end up with at least one. Biddies are like toddlers. You just know they're gonna do exactly what you don't want them to do. Tell a toddler, "DON'T touch THAT!" And he'll spend all day trying desperately to touch THAT in as many ways as possible. He'll reach for it, grab for it, climb for it, grab it, step on it it, lick it with his tongue. Want him to eat his veggies? Do everything in your power to get them into his mouth... even disguise them as a "treat". He'll go without eating simply to avoid those green things.

Perhaps we should hold seminars, titled: "How to encourage your hens to go broody in the fall."

I'm right up there with you. Right now it is way too cold in Maine to hatch any chicks, my Dad prefers I not sneak any eggs under any hens including his favorite, and the barn is way to small to hold thrity chickens. But guess what? The hen I always wanted to become a mother, my favorite and sweetest, just went broody. :-O

Why is it: that when all the chickens are happy and healthy... That they all molt at once, I have to keep a young cockerel tame, he doesn't like my SF hen, Charlotte, my G-L-W's leg is hurting her, and on top I have to control the weirdest pecking order I've ever seen? -_-

Back
Top Bottom