why oh why

cary 1973

Songster
7 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Henderson Nevada aka Las Vegas
ok I 2 black and white leghorn chickens I have been told over and over that they dont broody often why on why dose my Phonix broody again this will be the 4th time and she is not even a year old yet only 9 months old ugh and her sister Lilly is always 2 days behind her both or leghorns the first 2 times I borke them of it with in 2 days and the last time i thought maybe cuz i keep breaking there broody its not etting out there system so I let then sit in the next on the fake eggs they broke them selfs with in 2 weeks but come on 4th time im going to do my best to brake her before I leave for the weekend.

BUT CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHY OH WHY DO THEY KEEP GOING INTO BROODY!
barnie.gif

I wish I knew!
hit.gif

One of mine went broody four times last year, I finally let her hatch some eggs.
We didn't even get to keep a chick because they were males, but now she's laying great.
ep.gif

Maybe she's trying to make up for all the eggs she didn't produce last year.
rant.gif

Why do your chickens go broody? The answer is simple, bc you don't want them to. I have 4 Silkie hens (a breed known for it's broodiness, unlike your Leghorns) I've been hoping will go broody for a while now. Have they? NOPE! Why not find them each a chick to raise? Maybe that'll get them back on track. Or, you could stick them in a box and ship them to me, I've got plenty of eggs for them :gig
Nikki

Back
Top Bottom