Why the flowers won't grow in the front bed...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Jul 18, 2011.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    [​IMG]

The aftermath-
    [​IMG]

2. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    LMAO. ive got the pictures in my grape vines. Well what used to be grape vines.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Since the chickens claimed the area, you need to make a cute sign for that area. Totally allow the chickens to have that area! Chicken Sauna!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    That would explain it. [​IMG]

5. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    I'd like to laugh, but after two years of gardening with free range chickens - [​IMG] My garden looks like the beaches of Normandy on D-Day. If I don't want 'em to kill it, I have to break out the chicken wire. GRRRR.

6. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Oh, do I ever feel your pain. We have hog wire fences ( that the girls squeeze through and we have to fortify with more wire) bird nettiing (that they still manage to dig through while getting stuck in) chicken wire around vines etc etc etc. The DH is ready to kill me as I have decided certain spots are jjust beyond help and might as well just go to the chickens. Might I add that they have a larger pen to roam in than the square footage of our house, as well as free ranging, AND all the table scraps they can eat. Did I mention the 2 cabbage tetherballs they get a day? Spoiled rotten chickens. Never happy. Still feel like they need to dig. Uup my hostas, and lettuce, and ...... EVERYTHING.

7. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine ate ALL my Hostas in the front yard, and made lovely little dust baths in my garden! [​IMG] Oh well. They are worth it [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. awww. just include them when you do your planting next spring! it will be 'chicken art'. i just plan on my new chicken plants each spring. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You can even color code them with your current plants!!!!!! lololol

9. lowry075

lowry075 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Southern California
    Yeah, my DH tries to put bark down in areas to control weeds and deter the chickens...it doesn't. They just do burnouts in his bark and it ends up all over the lawn.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by