Why the flowers won't grow in the front bed...

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
IMG_9154.jpg

The aftermath-
IMG_9209.jpg

Since the chickens claimed the area, you need to make a cute sign for that area. Totally allow the chickens to have that area! Chicken Sauna!

I'd like to laugh, but after two years of gardening with free range chickens -
barnie.gif
My garden looks like the beaches of Normandy on D-Day. If I don't want 'em to kill it, I have to break out the chicken wire. GRRRR.

Oh, do I ever feel your pain. We have hog wire fences ( that the girls squeeze through and we have to fortify with more wire) bird nettiing (that they still manage to dig through while getting stuck in) chicken wire around vines etc etc etc. The DH is ready to kill me as I have decided certain spots are jjust beyond help and might as well just go to the chickens. Might I add that they have a larger pen to roam in than the square footage of our house, as well as free ranging, AND all the table scraps they can eat. Did I mention the 2 cabbage tetherballs they get a day? Spoiled rotten chickens. Never happy. Still feel like they need to dig. Uup my hostas, and lettuce, and ...... EVERYTHING.

Yeah, my DH tries to put bark down in areas to control weeds and deter the chickens...it doesn't. They just do burnouts in his bark and it ends up all over the lawn.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom