Wiggling Emu Eggs

AgnesGray

Free Ranging
Mar 8, 2019
Ohio, US
My Coop
My Coop
One of my emu eggs has started wiggling. I have read that they can wiggle really early. Do they continue to wiggle until they hatch generally?

I had one that was wiggling 4 days ago, but has been quiet since then. I don't know exactly what day they are on, but they have been in my incubator for 40 days at this point (previously were under their dad).

One of my emu eggs has started wiggling. I have read that they can wiggle really early. Do they continue to wiggle until they hatch generally?

I had one that was wiggling 4 days ago, but has been quiet since then. I don't know exactly what day they are on, but they have been in my incubator for 40 days at this point (previously were under their dad).
Anywhere from 32 days up to hatch, they should be wiggling. At 40 days the wiggles will be noticeable. If the chick/egg isn’t wiggling when checking it, pull it back out a couple hours later to check again. Whistling and light taps will normally get them to move a bit. It’s possible that the little one could be sleeping while youre checking.

I use an object on top of the egg to help see the wiggles.

Last edited:
Anywhere from 32 days up to hatch, they should be wiggling. At 40 days the wiggles will be noticeable. If the chick/egg isn’t wiggling when checking it, pull it back out a couple hours later to check again. Whistling and light taps will normally get them to move a bit. It’s possible that the little one could be sleeping while your checking.

I use an object on top of the egg to help see the wiggles.

Love the idea to put something on the egg! I’ll try that next time. It does really help see the movement.

First order of the day is setting up a brooder!!!
:wee
113ADDC4-E841-4490-9C44-A1F8C4733745.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom