Wiggling in the Brinsea

Nana2KJS

Chicks-n-Ahs
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
SE Kansas
We are trying our first hatch with a little Brinsea Mini-advance. It has counted down to day 4(seems backwards but oh well). 3 of the 6 eggs are wiggling already. I had planned to do one more candling (I'm pretty sure 2 are clear, but didn't want to throw them out too early) and stop the auto turner tonight. Also I have a small towel cut to fit the bottom of the incubator so they aren't hatching onto hard plastic. Should I go ahead and make the changes, or am I too late? I think I should add a little water, too, just to make sure. Newie questions, I know, but trying to do the right thing.

ETA: My little grandsons want to be here to see them hatch; they have an hours drive to get here. Should I tell them to come over tomorrow? Or wait till after their swim lesson Monday afternoon. This is all so new!!

Last edited:
If it was me I think I would just leave them and not open it, though I'm not that experienced. Maybe my posting will bump up your post so someone more experienced can answer. I don't think they need something soft in there. Mine hatch in a Brinsea Eco-20 all the time and I even leave the bars in there and they don't mind. If you can stop the autoturner without opening it (not sure since I don't have one), then go ahead and stop the turning.

Back
Top Bottom