Wilbur’s cancer journey.

Pics
Update: Wilbur has been so good lately. Eating all his food, I can see him picking up in energy by the day. We noticed he isn’t vomiting anymore but he still has a bit of diarrhoea so we started him on some tablets which appear to be helping. Poor puppy, all I keep thinking is damn he’s going to be the miracle dog a second time round when he lives through this haha. All the vet nurses know him by name both at our local and at the animal hospital.

Let me just throw this out there to anyone who has just got a puppy great dane. The best thing we ever did was get him insured, best move we ever made and they sure won’t miss us if we ever let it go haha. But with every other Dane we have had we insure them for the first year or so because that’s when you notice all the problems such as entropion and wobblers and other conditions. If you have a good insurer like the one we have you will be covered if anything like this ever occurs.
Example, the insurer we are with covers Wilbur’s cancer treatments. Thank god. It would have put us out of pocket $14000! We get refunded 80% which we are really happy about.

Another week of online learning for me. But Wilbur doesn’t seem to mind, actually I think he loves us all being home with him. He’s always getting my dads low carb cheese and occasionally a bit of apple or a blueberry from me haha.
Not sure if I already shared this picture of him, it was taken during my school day:
0F5E69C2-7CD1-4E95-AACA-AACD7B16510B.jpeg

Update: Wilbur has been so good lately. Eating all his food, I can see him picking up in energy by the day. We noticed he isn’t vomiting anymore but he still has a bit of diarrhoea so we started him on some tablets which appear to be helping. Poor puppy, all I keep thinking is damn he’s going to be the miracle dog a second time round when he lives through this haha. All the vet nurses know him by name both at our local and at the animal hospital.

Let me just throw this out there to anyone who has just got a puppy great dane. The best thing we ever did was get him insured, best move we ever made and they sure won’t miss us if we ever let it go haha. But with every other Dane we have had we insure them for the first year or so because that’s when you notice all the problems such as entropion and wobblers and other conditions. If you have a good insurer like the one we have you will be covered if anything like this ever occurs.
Example, the insurer we are with covers Wilbur’s cancer treatments. Thank god. It would have put us out of pocket $14000! We get refunded 80% which we are really happy about.

Another week of online learning for me. But Wilbur doesn’t seem to mind, actually I think he loves us all being home with him. He’s always getting my dads low carb cheese and occasionally a bit of apple or a blueberry from me haha.
Not sure if I already shared this picture of him, it was taken during my school day:
View attachment 2782741
That's one up side of lock down. We get to spend more time with our beloved pets.

Stella says "Hi Wilbur!:frow"
Here's Stella on her Dad's foot. They love resting their chins on or near us don't they?
PXL_20210801_223803198.jpg

That's one up side of lock down. We get to spend more time with our beloved pets.

Stella says "Hi Wilbur!:frow"
Here's Stella on her Dad's foot. They love resting their chins on or near us don't they?
View attachment 2783959
100%

Aww, Stella’s beautiful. Because Wilbur thinks he’s a lap dog he sits on us haha

Back
Top Bottom