Wild baby piglet!!

Quote:
Wow that's a big sucker!!
ep.gif
How was he in this pic??

I doubt this pig although maybe wild from no human contact, you can tell the sow was probably a part yorkshire that probably escaped from her owners as a pig. It probably hasn't been THAT Feral. I think its after so many hours missing a pig is considered to be feral. The sow may have only been missing a few days from the owner then produced pigs. That piglet looks to be nothing more then a common feeder pig.

Ahhh I love piglets...ah I miss our last batch
smile.png

I would say he/she looks at least 2 weeks old but it could be the picture.. if its actually able to eat dog food then its older. I would still get the milk replacer. But if it will take it in a shallow dish your in luck! Instead of feeding it every 3 hours. I would recomend a heat lamp, they need this up to 2 weeks and then keep highering the lamp till it doesn't need it.

Also if you have more pigs keep it away and never let them come in contact due to nasty dieases spread. Keep your hands sanitized after every touching or even to other animals and yourself
smile.png
just take precautions and you will be just fine.

Sure is lucky you decided to help it
smile.png
have fun! I can say that it looks big enough to survive without mom (which is hard before the first 2 weeks this is why I would say its around that age)

Good luck!

Quote:
Thanks!! Don't have any other pigs just chickens! And we definetly wash our hands after handling him.

What do ya'll recommend cutting the teeth with??

Quote:
Thanks!! Don't have any other pigs just chickens! And we definetly wash our hands after handling him.

What do ya'll recommend cutting the teeth with??

we used nail clippers.

Okay, he's not to old to go ahead and clip them right??

Back
Top Bottom