Wild Chicken with chicks but what is she?

kittykat2003uk

Songster
11 Years
Jun 12, 2011
Gloucester, UK
We have a chicken roaming the farm with her 2nd batch of chicks. You cant get near the cockerels to see what they are but managed to zoom in on the camera and get a piccy of her.
Wildchicken.jpg

Good luck.....
lau.gif

Thats what the other half said but i said no its cruel she used to being free.. Its like well at least if we caught her she would be safe. But then she used to being free
idunno.gif

She is some kind of game.She looks to be doing a fine job surviving.
Many people have caged animals that still get killed by other animals.I say let her be....

Last edited:
Definitely some kind of game or game cross. I say let them run loose; they can be your bug hunting squad.
big_smile.png
I have a cousin who has American games, and he doesn't keep his in any kind of coop, and they still managed to hatch out a huge batch of chicks this year, so now he has at least 50 running around his property. He's trying to get rid of some, but I don't think he's had much luck selling them so far.

Last edited:
Quote:
how can you tell? i know NOTHING on games. is it the color?

I was going by her face/head and her body type/way she carries herself. The color is actually a pretty common color for numerous breeds; we have a barnyard mix that's the same color who's raising a red sex-link x EE chick at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom