Luvleslie

Hatching
Jun 1, 2023
I'm at a loss a duck that was in my yard behind a bush with seven eggs was attacked tonight by a fox I did everything I could trying to keep the fox away she has a big wound on her chest a bite on her back right at the bottom of her neck and I'm not sure of any other damage or how bad it is when I found her I just grabbed her up with a shirt put her in a box she looked like she was going to die then but i guess it was exhaustion. I then used a shovel to get up her eggs carefully not wanting to touch her eggs and have it all in a bin she only has three eggs left. I don't even know if she's able to truly lay on them I haven't seen the extent of damage fully. It's 3:30 in the morning I would have to wait until the sun comes up to try to figure out what to do with her I wouldn't mind trying to nurse her back to health and pray that she sits on her last three eggs if anybody knows what I could do I will be grateful for any suggestions when I have pictures I will post them.

Pictures would be helpful. Is she eating and drinking? How is she reacting to the eggs? What is her breathing like, and is her comb purple?

I'm at a loss a duck that was in my yard behind a bush with seven eggs was attacked tonight by a fox I did everything I could trying to keep the fox away she has a big wound on her chest a bite on her back right at the bottom of her neck and I'm not sure of any other damage or how bad it is when I found her I just grabbed her up with a shirt put her in a box she looked like she was going to die then but i guess it was exhaustion. I then used a shovel to get up her eggs carefully not wanting to touch her eggs and have it all in a bin she only has three eggs left. I don't even know if she's able to truly lay on them I haven't seen the extent of damage fully. It's 3:30 in the morning I would have to wait until the sun comes up to try to figure out what to do with her I wouldn't mind trying to nurse her back to health and pray that she sits on her last three eggs if anybody knows what I could do I will be grateful for any suggestions when I have pictures I will post them.
You can touch the eggs just make sure your hands are clean. You're way more likely to damage the eggs by using a shovel....
If you dont have an incubator you need to put the nest with her so that she can sit, if she will, since they've been moved.
If she's wild, you'll need to call a wildlife rehabber/rescue. Possession of her and her eggs is likely illegal.
Photos will be helpful.
For now, keep her warm and in a dark space, offer her water with electrolytes.

Back
Top Bottom