Wild Peahen

BrandyKelley

Hatching
Jun 15, 2016
Looking for a little info about Peafowl. I live in the Santa Cruz Mountains in CA. For years we have had wild peafowl come through our property. Sometimes I'll only see one or two for a while and other times I've seen eight of them together. On May 18th I noticed that a peahen was roosting in one of the flower boxes on my deck. The term "flower box" I use loosely, as it is really a "weed box".
She got up on the May 18th to go eat for about two hours. I noticed that she had 3 eggs under her. I have only seen her get up twice since the 18th.
Yesterday, June 14th was 28 days from the first day I noticed her. I have yet to see and activity with the eggs. My question is, how long will she continue to sit on those eggs if they are not fertilized? She is a wild bird, so I have tried to mostly leave her alone, aside from putting water and a little bit of chick food/meal worms out for her.
Thanks for any info.

Looking for a little info about Peafowl. I live in the Santa Cruz Mountains in CA. For years we have had wild peafowl come through our property. Sometimes I'll only see one or two for a while and other times I've seen eight of them together. On May 18th I noticed that a peahen was roosting in one of the flower boxes on my deck. The term "flower box" I use loosely, as it is really a "weed box".
She got up on the May 18th to go eat for about two hours. I noticed that she had 3 eggs under her. I have only seen her get up twice since the 18th.
Yesterday, June 14th was 28 days from the first day I noticed her. I have yet to see and activity with the eggs. My question is, how long will she continue to sit on those eggs if they are not fertilized? She is a wild bird, so I have tried to mostly leave her alone, aside from putting water and a little bit of chick food/meal worms out for her.
Thanks for any info.
She'll probably sit their til she thinks the eggs are bad.

Back
Top Bottom