Wildlife Photography

That's a moth???
It is a Luna Moth. Very interesting to see it from the "front".

I've seen one only once and it was on a tree. They are really big! The moth form lives only 7-10 days.

Sometimes I feel the birds I capture are too common
Too common where YOU are but this site is seen world wide and what is common to you might be very exotic to someone elsewhere :D

Woah. :eek:
What camer do you use? I can't zoom in much on my cameras
Those images and most all of my images (until recently) have been shot with a Canon 80D and an EF 100-400 IS II lens. The 400mm reach helps a lot but I also get quite close to my subject... 250mm is about the bare minimum, shortest lens that "can" work for wildlife photography but you have to have very cooperative subjects if you plan on getting any kind of close up shots with it...

Last edited:
Those images and most all of my images (until recently) have been shot with a Canon 80D and an EF 100-400 IS II lens. The 400mm reach helps a lot but I also get quite close to my subject... 250mm is about the bare minimum, shortest lens that "can" work for wildlife photography but you have to have very cooperative subjects if you plan on getting any kind of close up shots with it...
Until recently? Did you upgrade? 😮

I would like to start a collection of my pictures that I can easily share with others, where would be the best place for this? That 500px place? Instagram? I have very very little knowledge about anything social media lol

I would like to start a collection of my pictures that I can easily share with others, where would be the best place for this? That 500px place? Instagram? I have very very little knowledge about anything social media lol
I put mine on Instagram, but I think you have to have an Instagram to view them. Flickr is another photo sharing website but I've never used it before. Hopefully someone else will chime in...

It is a Luna Moth. Very interesting to see it from the "front".

I've seen one only once and it was on a tree. They are really big! The moth form lives only 7-10 days.

Too common where YOU are but this site is seen world wide and what is common to you might be very exotic to someone elsewhere :D
Ooh! I have a bunch if good Luna Moth pics. I will share them later when I use my laptop :D

Back
Top Bottom