Will A Nurture Right 360 Work For Quail Eggs?

Pics

Lemon88

Songster
Nov 25, 2018
Hello! I recently purchased a Nurture Right 360 incubator because I heard great things about it. I plan on hatching some quail, and the eggs should be here soon. I just read something about this incubator not being good for quail eggs. Is this true? Im worried I purchased this and I will have to manually turn them.

Well, mine is working for quail :) What I did was take pieces of cardboard to set in the turner slots to make them fit quail eggs better. However, I found that with this method you can still only really fit one egg per slot, so it would only hold 22 eggs with this method.
I did a similar thing with mine, except I super glued plastic dividers in mine.
I don't know first hand but I think they also make a quail egg sized turner....I didn't call or send a e-mail to find out if they did or not...just heard that through the 'grape vine'.

This is what I have made so far. 😂 It looks a little ridiculous but I think it should work? Ill have to wait until I put the eggs in a few hours. They are still settling from the shipping process.

I had seen someone else post about just putting 2 eggs in on slot. Would this work better?

Attachments

• 20200331_144425.jpg
    20200331_144425.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 429
This is what I have made so far. 😂 It looks a little ridiculous but I think it should work? Ill have to wait until I put the eggs in a few hours. They are still settling from the shipping process.

I had seen someone else post about just putting 2 eggs in on slot. Would this work better?

That's basically what I did with mine. I also tried the two eggs in one slot thing but I found sometimes the eggs would get turned wrong and then they were getting tumbled end over end when the turner kicked on - not great for them.

That's basically what I did with mine. I also tried the two eggs in one slot thing but I found sometimes the eggs would get turned wrong and then they were getting tumbled end over end when the turner kicked on - not great for them.
Oh no! The cardboard started to pop out so i moved them to 2 per cell but i didnt know that would be an issue yikes

Hello! This is the only picture I have of the popsicle sticks, but i hope it helps! I actually moved the sticks after this so they were tighter around the egg. It is still important that there is some space between the egg and the sides so they can roll properly, so just keep adjusting and testing with the turn button on the incubator. Good luck! This worked well for me and i got healthy baby quail!

Attachments

• 20200402_020458.jpg
    20200402_020458.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 425

Back
Top Bottom