Will Diatomite (DE or diatomaceous earth) harm my chickens?

Quote:
Maybe I'm not using the search function properly, but when I search I get these long lists of threads with millions of posts, and cant even find where in the threads my keywords appear. sorry to be obnoxious. I tried to search it before asking.
hu.gif

I understand; it's widely debated. Just try not to breathe it.

Go to index, FAQ, and scroll down for a good selection of threads that tell about DE.

The only way I can get it is online.

OH Sorry! Didnt mean to sound rude! I think it's funny every time I see a DE post. I get ready for the billions of wide ranging opinions! You can put more specific or more general things in the search to see if that helps! Sorry again! Post anything! We all post whatever whenever! It's all good! I get mine at Agway.

Quote:
lau.gif
I am so sorry! I truly hope you don't know this from experience.

Yah, I have a partial and I sprinkled it in my flower garden for slugs (not food grade though, maybe that makes a difference) and the dust got in my mouth and when I took the partial out my gums were really raw!
tongue.gif

Yes, go ahead and use ONLY FOOD GRADE DE as a preventative for mites. Sprinkle in the litter. It no longer works after getting wet. The other type of DE you find is for pools, etc. Toxic! I get my DE off of Ebay.

Back
Top Bottom