will it help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by rayado, Nov 24, 2012.

1. rayado

rayado Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2012
    moultrie ga
    hello i have a sick hen who apperantly has upper respiratory problems will apple cider vinegar help if i give it to her she is really sick

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

No. Tylan 50 cattle injectable is the best thing for respitory issues. You can inject it or give orally.

3. Kim95037

Kim95037 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Morgan Hill California
    http://www.shagbarkbantams.com/oxine.htm

I have used this twice now on chickens with infectious bronchitis and I swear it seemed to help them. This is good stuff to have anyway. Is your chicken still eating and drinking normally??

4. Kim95037

Kim95037 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Morgan Hill California
    Electrolytes might help too. When my Russian Orloff was sick I injected watermelon with electrolytes. It was the only thing she would eat for about two weeks.

5. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

x2. ACV is good for them but when they are sick with some respiratory disease they most often need a round of antibiotic's. Just about any respiratory disease a chicken comes down with can result in secondary infections and pneumonia. That's usually what kill's them rather then the illness itself. Give some antibiotic's, keep her warm at night and adding the electrolytes is good too. And I will second the Oxine AH, that is good stuff! We had an outbreak of infectious bronchitis too and I used it to fog coops and sanitize waterer's etc. Just make sure to use it as is, NON activated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by