Will my Pigeons hatch a chicken egg?

Oh that's good 😊👍 House Sparrows are an invasive species in the us so if the chick is born it'll have to stay with you. Also I'm not to sure about the pigeons feeding it. Sparrows are insectivores (and also occasionally eat some seed) so the pigeon milk will most likely not work very well for it.
I agree with you. Kiwi will have to hand feed that baby sparrow. There must be some youtube videos showing how and what insects to start with.

I'm sorry about the one pigeon egg, but...

It's not surprising considering the chicken egg alone is much bigger than two pigeon eggs. It probably got pushed out by accident when they rolled the eggs.

If I am going to be 100% honest, I don't think the pigeon egg or sparrow egg will make it. They are going to get crushed. :(

I wish I could report better news! But who knows! I might be wrong.

The pigeons egg looks like it has some hairline cracks in it.... I’m afraid it will be broken by the parents feet or being rolled over by the chicken egg.... should I just incubate it myself or leave it as is?
You can incubate it. With pigeon eggs aim for 100 degrees and 40-50 humidity. Bio might have better advice for that too. Also for the sparrow egg you may want to pop that in the incubator too. House sparrow eggs are very very fragile and thin shelled. On incubating that I'm not very sure, but I know house sparrows run about 104 degrees, though that's really high for an egg. I'd check some research papers for that.

Not sure, like I said I'm not positive on the temps for incubating the sparrow egg. But I'll tag @biophiliac for the pigeon egg 😊
Sorry, I don't incubate pigeon eggs so I can't help with the temp. I think the main problem here was the size difference with the chicken egg being so big. It probably damaged the little eggs. Not really sure though. Wish I could be more helpful!

Back
Top Bottom