Will my Pigeons hatch a chicken egg?

I presume you are a child, so I am going to go easy on you.

You need to stop with your animal 'experiments' and leave the pigeon to hatch and raise their own eggs.

It is going to end badly for any other birds that hatch out, either by the pigeons or your incubator.

You have not thought what you will do to raise the hatched baby birds.

It is very difficult to raise a single chickens chick, as they are best in groups.

Do you even have an incubator to keep it in when it hatches?

You can not leave it with the pigeons as the 2 kinds of birds need different care, and the chicken chicks will die. Do you what that to happen?

It is wrong and illegal to be taking wild birds eggs. If the sparrow hatched you would stand nearly zero chance of being able to care for it and feed it. It would likely suffer and slowly die of starvation and lack of proper care. That is just cruel.

These are the lives and living creatures, not some fun experiment or game.

I presume you are a child, so I am going to go easy on you.

You need to stop with your animal 'experiments' and leave the pigeon to hatch and raise their own eggs.

It is going to end badly for any other birds that hatch out, either by the pigeons or your incubator.

You have not thought what you will do to raise the hatched baby birds.

It is very difficult to raise a single chickens chick, as they are best in groups.

Do you even have an incubator to keep it in when it hatches?

You can not leave it with the pigeons as the 2 kinds of birds need different care, and the chicken chicks will die. Do you what that to happen?

It is wrong and illegal to be taking wild birds eggs. If the sparrow hatched you would stand nearly zero chance of being able to care for it and feed it. It would likely suffer and slowly die of starvation and lack of proper care. That is just cruel.

These are the lives and living creatures, not some fun experiment or game.

You’re right. I should put them back. I’m just worried about the pigeon egg breaking.

Ah. I wasn't aware you took the egg. I thought it was abandoned. I agree with Jak, you definitely should not be taking any eggs from nests. Leave it to nature and let the mother take care of them.

Do I take out the chicken egg and put it in the incubator?

I think that would be a good idea, and add one or 2 extra chicken eggs, so you will have a few chicks to raise together if you can. It's much easier that way.

Sorry if i sounded harsh. You are doing the right thing now, and I know how easy it is to get excited with hatching eggs and looking after birds... I myself made lots of mistakes with my birds that I regret and fell bad about, so I just wanted to warn you about it.

Good luck with your birds and enjoy them!!!

Back
Top Bottom