Will you critique my new website?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 1lpoock, Dec 14, 2009.

1. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Its not near finished at all....but if you could try all the link and different things and post any comments or suggestions on here, or better yet, leave a testimonial under the feedback tab on this site!
    Here it is http://www.sprucecreekwaterfowl.webs.com/

2. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    The pictures load very slowly I am not sure a lot of folks have the patience for that. If you are trying to sell fowl given the photo's on your site I would go for a little less art and more detail.

These are just my thoughts. I couldnt do a website if my life depended on it, so in terms of that congratulations and I hope it does well for you

3. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I like it. My only complaint is that white writing on dark green is a bit hard to read. Change the font size to a bit bigger and it would be fine. [​IMG]

4. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    This is a beautiful site and really helpful, too. My only complaint is that the plural of "FAQ" is "FAQs" not "FAQ'S". (The use of the apostrophe is to show possession, not plurals, a very common error.) But you've built a very attractive site!

[​IMG]

Rusty

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I'm not a duck person, which I presume this site is geared toward. So when you mention you having domestic ducks and the site being for people wanting to care for wild ducks, those two terms sound opposite to me. But as I said, I know nothing of ducks (well...except that they quack, have bills, webbed feet, etc.). On your FAQ section about ducks flying, did you mean to say "pinion the wings as a day old" or "pinion the wings at a day old" ??? That's just a possible typo.
    Your photos are lovely. I do agree with the poster who said the site seemed really slow to load pages... but it's going to be a beautiful site once all the kinks are ironed out!

6. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Just wondering, do you guys who said the site loads slow have dial-up, because it seems to be loading quickly for me?

7. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Love all the pictures. [​IMG]

8. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:It loaded quickly for me.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Loaded up to me pretty quick. For those who are on dial ups will take longer time to upload pictures.

Interesting read too!

There is a pic of the rear end of a duck in one of your duck breeds. You might need to crop that pic out or reduce the size of the pic or adjusted.

Looks pretty good!

10. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Great job. Nice pics, I liked it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by