Wings bleeding help............pics graphic.. Update page 3 again

You really think so pips&peeps. I tried to think of a way to let her of her seperation cage and I let her loose for all of 2 minutes and my Rooster came out of no where and pounced her/him and I was freeaked I thought he was going to kill him/her.

Needless to say I havent done that again. It really made me wonder if it was a he the way my Rooster reacted.

We haven't gotten an egg all week either.

Last edited:
How long have you had this bird? It seems she may be new to you. She may just not have settled in yet, or she could have been sick before you bought her.

Try to give her lots of treats and put weight on her so she is in good condition. She also may be trying to molt.

Give her some time.

As for the rooster, if he sees a hen he will mate her. Did she squat down for him?

Do you have a pic of the whole bird? It almost looks like rooster damage, from being bred too many times. I had two roos one time any they bred one hen like crazy and she had somewhat of the same problem as yours. I got rid of one of the roos and she healed up just fine.

The Rooster is kept in a seperate pen not with the hens or with this chicken until that day I tried to let this one out for a bit.

I have had her since she was a dayold chick last June (so almost a year).

No squating the Rooster came out of no where and just pounced and I couldn't even see this chicken.

Picture170.jpg

It couldn't be Rooster damage they were not together.

You will probably have to wait until she is completely healed before you can put her back or they will continue to go after the open sores. Seems the rest just do not like her very much for some reason. I've had that happen, when there is one hen the rest just will not accept. The four I have, have been together for 6 years and they are not accepting the two I got in January, so they just stay separated. Tree Chick is now sleeping in the tack room with Cotton, both have gone broody and I NEED SOME FERTILIZED EGGS!! for them.

These hens have been together since last June and I have not had a problem. I am not sure what sparked this.

If she hasn't laid then maybe she may not ever. I still say a she.

If it were a rooster the other would have beat the heck out of it. There would be lots of wounds on the face and comb.

Out of my first easter eggers, I had one that never laid either. When she was about a year old I culled her. She was very heavy. When we opened her up her abdomen was full of fat as she never had to put her energy to do anything but "hang out".

They only have one ovary and if something goes wrong, then they just don't lay anymore. Sometimes they can even get male hormones if the ovary gets damaged. Then they will take on secondary male characteristics.

When my Rooster saw her he did pounce and begin to beat on her but I quickly I mean extremely quicker got him off her and locked her back in her seperation cage away from him. It could have turned deadly fast.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom