Wire Wrap and Weave Jewelry

Pics
Yeah, it's crazy, when the grass is growing my horses don't drink water... they have 200 gallons available, but they drink maybe 50 gallons a week between 2 regular horses and a mini... heck, maybe it evaporates that fast. In the winter when they are eating hay I put probably about 200 gallons out per week for them.
I have a single draft horse. Shes solid black and seems to handle the heat here well. Even when I didnt have a shade structure for her yet. She eats forty pounds of forage per day I feed only bermuda because it doesnt have as many calories as alfalfa. Besides Alfalfa generates heat which I dont want.

I also dont feed her grains of any kind. Except a handfull of Wet COB.... to put on top of bran and wetted down to make it soupy. Her paddock is mostly sand. She Wuuuvs her soup Cob or not... (for those who arent familiar with horses COB is a mixture of Corn Oats and Barley, Wet COB has had Livestock Molasis added tastes yummy) Yes I taste everything my animals eat. Livestock Molasis is a by product of the sugar industry. After the final extraction of sugar this molasis is not sweet. But it does have a nice mineral content which is good for livestock.

She drinks twenty or thirty gallons per day. I have a 110 gallon tank which has a float valve on it which trickles the water in slowly when the level goes down. saves wear and tear on my well pump. on a hot day you touch the water and its warm but if you put your hands in further its very cool underneath.

I have always been in the desert or hot climates. I wouldnt know how to feed and manage the health of a horse in a very cold climate. Or wet...

deb

We never had city water till we moved here was always on wells...
Never had a well go dry did have to have a softener at my lake house in
Pierce county Washington

I have a single draft horse. Shes solid black and seems to handle the heat here well. Even when I didnt have a shade structure for her yet. She eats forty pounds of forage per day I feed only bermuda because it doesnt have as many calories as alfalfa. Besides Alfalfa generates heat which I dont want.

I also dont feed her grains of any kind. Except a handfull of Wet COB.... to put on top of bran and wetted down to make it soupy. Her paddock is mostly sand. She Wuuuvs her soup Cob or not... (for those who arent familiar with horses COB is a mixture of Corn Oats and Barley, Wet COB has had Livestock Molasis added tastes yummy) Yes I taste everything my animals eat. Livestock Molasis is a by product of the sugar industry. After the final extraction of sugar this molasis is not sweet. But it does have a nice mineral content which is good for livestock.

She drinks twenty or thirty gallons per day. I have a 110 gallon tank which has a float valve on it which trickles the water in slowly when the level goes down. saves wear and tear on my well pump. on a hot day you touch the water and its warm but if you put your hands in further its very cool underneath.

I have always been in the desert or hot climates. I wouldnt know how to feed and manage the health of a horse in a very cold climate. Or wet...

deb
Mine are out 24/7 and graze all spring/summer/fall, then hay in the winter. The 3 are eating 8-10 regular square bales per week (about 40-50 lbs each) combined. I don't grain them (all 3 are easy keepers) but I will give them a handful of grain once a day if I want to get them where they come in the barn easily, once they learn that there will be grain waiting for them in there they will come in and put themselves in their stalls on their own. Most horses that aren't worked a lot in winter or clipped can handle the winter without a blanket, my 3 don't have any shelter and will only get cold if they are cold (30 degrees or less) and wet both. The weird issues that come from having them in a wet environment are rain rot (fungal stuff in the coat usually on the back and rump), scratches (similar to rain rot but on the pasterns), and they will get thrush in their hooves if they stand in mud or wet manure a lot. Rain rot and scratches are easily treated with betadine, thrush can be cleared up in many ways but if caught fairly early isn't bad to get rid of.

But, for example, with the water consumption. I had the 2 standard horses seperate from the others when they were at the other farm, between the 2 of them I would fill their 100 gallon tub every other day and it would be nearly empty on that 2nd day. Now, those 2 horses and the mini together are drinking about 1 day's worth in 1 WEEK at the current place due to the high water content in the grass (I assume is the reason).

Kind of like my dog who hasn't drank water in at least a week. He is in a pen with no water (he spills it or poops in it) and is let out once a day to run around and drink if he wants, he typically doesn't because he is eating canned food. If he is eating dry food he runs to the water as soon as you let him out. I fed him raw chicken for a while and same thing, he wouldn't drink when eating the chicken either.

Semi precious amethyst bead and dangle antiqued copper wire. about the size of a fifty cent piece

Jasper bead similar style

jasper bead Wire weave

Jasper bead

Agate bead with obrits

Agate bead with crystal embellishments

Glass bead with silver colored copper wire

deb
My goodness, Deb. Those are beautiful!

Once you get moved, settled and tooled up I'd love to talk to you about some sapphires in the raw from when we were mining. I'd love to get some cut, but it's expensive to do it around here. Most send them over seas to have them cut, although I wonder how hard you have to cross your fingers to get back the ones you sent. Maybe it's not that big of deal :confused:

I saw the ones you have, Penny, and love them! She is so talented.

My goodness, Deb. Those are beautiful!
Thank you... I am packing up my workshop for the move up to the house... I am contemplating having a workshop built up there so I can have dedicated space to work and be able to watch the critters as well as having a good setup for camera work.

This way I can do good pix of each piece when I make it and have a write up done for the website. Havent got a website yet but there are some pretty good free sites out there.
I dont want to get caught up in production mode where I make x amount of one thing and Y amount of another. Simply because I cant cookie cut creativity. So the basic pattern will be similar but the Stone will dictate changes.

I really prefer to create something for an individual especially if they have a stone or item of personal meaning. I have done Beach glass from Bali for a young man in the coffee shop. I have done several fossels as well as Teck Tites... Melted sand from Metiorite impact.

The ones in the pictures are Jasper or Agate. I love Picture jasper so have alot of it.

deb

Once you get moved, settled and tooled up I'd love to talk to you about some sapphires in the raw from when we were mining. I'd love to get some cut, but it's expensive to do it around here. Most send them over seas to have them cut, although I wonder how hard you have to cross your fingers to get back the ones you sent. Maybe it's not that big of deal :confused:

I saw the ones you have, Penny, and love them! She is so talented.
Oh my no not over seas... I would love to see the raw stones. Do you have a picture of them.?

If you have one that is not gem quality but still pretty I probably could do something with it if it is small enough to wear... No bigger than a bottle Cork.

I still have my Silver filled wire out... and my tools.

all I need to work is a wire cutter chain nose pliers and needle nose pliers. and the wire streightener.

Most pieces only use two gauges of wire.. some more complex ones will use three.

so If I have a picture I can do a sketch of the stone wrapped and woven....

deb

Back
Top Bottom