Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi all~
Have to share another first...went out this morning before work when it was just getting light to take care of the "chicklings". As I was leaving I heard this loud "RrRRrrRRR". Thinking someone was being picked on or hurt, I raced back in-only to hear it again. "Dottie" my 9 week old BR (yes we have to re name him soon!) was trying to crow!!!!! Was pretty excited LOL Thats pretty young isn't it?

Evening All...What a great day I had today. One where Thanking the Creator is definitly in order. Went to Green Bay and had a good rport from the eye Doc. Things are slowly improving and everything looks good on the inside so....Eye Doc said it was ok to go bow hunting! Raced home took out the bow and checked her over....took 9 practice shots, and was good to go....right on! Off to the woods and more than ready....after 3 hours a nice 8 point checked out my scent balls and the rest is history. 8 points and dressed at 187 lbs....gotta share the moment with you'all!

182_294.jpg

Here is a pick of my grandaughter too!

182_291.jpg

Here is my Grandson too!

182_491.jpg

One of the cool rack....

182_290.jpg

Sorry to bore you guys with all the deer pics. Just Thankful, and wanted to share....

Time for a tall cold one.... bigz

Congrats Bigz on the buck and the good news from the Doc !!!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

I'm not going to ask what scent balls are !!!
lau.gif

Cute Grandkids ! They are both adorable. He is one handsome little guy, looks like Grandpa!!! First time I've seen you without your shades !!!

I'll have to show DH when I get back up north. Your vision surely has improved, I'd say it was a good day !!! Now whatcha gonna do for the rest of bow season ??? Can you get a doe now ?

Grrrrrr! Stupid 'puter locked up last night at the end of my post. Poof! Gotta love technology. So, sorry if I skip around & miss some of you.
TO, nice harvest & pics. Hope you got everything picked that you wanted. Did you get frost last night? Leaving peppers on the plant will just get the peppers to turn soft.
Cind, your DH is lucky he doesn't live here. We didn't turn the heat on til today. It was 59 in here around noonish. I can just hear Deb's teeth chattering now. I did break out the longies & flannel sheets, though. And I'm glad your hip is feeling better.
hugs.gif

Happy birthday, mom & L!
Quote:
Awwww, Jim, why didn't you mention her earlier, like before FT came down here?
barnie.gif
I would have taken her. I have a PR that does something similar.
That's kinda scary about your nephew, esp. since he's in his 40's. I told DH about it & his response was
"Very true, most people I talk to think that a rooster is required in order for the hen to lay an egg.
I guess a lot of people weren't paying attention in biology class?
Somehow, I guess the rooster secretly passes his egg to the hen so she can warm it up in her pouch before she lays it. Then a Stork comes at night and turns the egg into a chick which then must decide if it wants to be a girl or a boy. Only then does the mother give it milk.
I'm not a dog person, do they lay their puppies in a nest box?"

Kinda scary, Jim, but I do know what you're talking about as far as the rabbits are concerned.
Love your mad momma pic, BBP. Awwwww, and the sweet lil kitty! So glad he saved him.
love.gif

Bigz, good luck at the eye doc. I know what it's like not being able to see out of that left eye. Hope yours gets better. Hey Bigz, what did you think of that Vikings QB? As someones granny used to say "I almost dropped my teeth!" He was pretty darn impressive for his first game in the NFL. If they put him in next week, he might give us some trouble. TG him & his teammates don't have too much experience together yet.
Quote:
D@mn, woman, you were smokin'! Oh, you're still in Racine? You coming to the bash on Saturday??????????
TO, we've got a post hole digger for our tractor that DrH can borrow when he comes down to help ya.
wink.png

I'm posting this before it's gone for a 2nd night in a row.
Sweet dreams, all!​

Night all,

I'm gonna take a pill so i can sleep tonight. Gotta get something done around here tomorrow.

I might stay until Saturday and stop in at the bash. That is if I can get loaded up and out of hear in time for the bash !!! Then I always sweat my A$$ off while I'm loading so if I do show up you'll all have to stay far away !!!!
lau.gif

I saw a poodle was advertised at the Racine Humane society but decided not to go look at him because upon further observation it was a mix and I'd prefer a female. I would have felt to guilty leaving him behind if I didn't want him. He is about 2 yrs old.

Then there is a chihuahua 5 month old female on CL in Milw. She isn't spayed but she is adorable !!! Tried talking the people down but they wouldn't budge. I love it. You can't sell a dog or cat on CL but you can ask for a rehoming fee !!! And it can be hundreds. If it is a rehoming fee the seller should be paying the buyer a fee to get the dog/cat off to a good start. New bed, sweaters, food, vaccinations, spay/neuter etc. Crazy how many people are rehoming because they don't have time for the dog they aquired. Then they say they are asking for a rehoming fee to make sure it goes to a good forever home !!!

So if anyone knows of a toy poodle female (maybe male) under 5 yrs old (with good teeth, I don't want any more $500 dental bills for dogs) or a tiny chihuahua let me know.
Yes a designer dog. Butt dog is actually a TeddyBear dog, I never knew it. She is so spoiled now. But I can't leave her home alone, ever !!! Would be nice for her to have another dog. She was used to having others around but I think she is doing just fine getting all of the attention. She is gaining alot of weigh these days. We discovered those dog treats that are basically dehyrdrated chicken, beef or whatever flavor you get. She'd eat all day if I'd let her.
I need to go get some Vitamin D tablets tomorrow too !!! I am just so tired. Hopefully it won't take long for them to kick in.

Ok, gotta do some searches on vitamin D overdose, or underdose. The showgirl I'm treating for wry neck (yes she is down here with me) has peeling skin. I don't know if other chickens get that but with a naked necked bird you can see there skin. Just want to make sure I"m not overdosing her with the vitamin E pills that I'm using to treat her wry neck.

Better hurry up and do my search or my sleeping pill will kick in and who knows what I might type, I say crazy things to DH on Ambien. And I also get up and eat us out of house and home !!!! I thought I was going nuts doing this until I found out years later that it was a side effect, so I wasn't the only one. But at least I ate food, not like some people putting butter on cigars. And no I haven't driven to the drive up under the influence. Just so I don't decided to ride thru the drive up on the ATV in the buff right? !!!!
lau.gif

Hi!

BBP.... cute kitty... glade you found it a home!

Jim... agree about the ditch! If they don't like what your going to do.... they should have done it right in the first place. If they want to use your land for drainage they have to pay for it!

BigZ... great deer! Guess your eyes are working OK!
wink.png
Sure hope someone brings us one this year. It dose seem to have a weird antler.

CC... DH sleeps under a sleeping bag.... in the summer! You should have seen us fighting over the thermostat when I was going through menopause! One of the main reasons we have our own rooms now!
lau.gif

well, night

Oh... we had some of that chutney on chicken breast tonight... came out great!!!
clap.gif
Both DH and DS gave unsolicited praise! Can't wait to try it on pork!

Last edited:
good morning, read a bunch of posts.. tried sending an email to someone, but when I hit send,, nothing nadda.. I hate that.. then I have to shut the computer off and restart everything..

Played poker tonight.. pulled of some really good bluffs.. I enjoy a good bluff better than a good hand...

Nice buck Brent.. hope you didn't shoot yourself out of hunting for the rest of the season..
I was not bored with your pictures and hunting story.. I can understand why the native indians did a dance and act out shooting a deer.. Like my brother always says.. It is an awesome feeling to have the power of life or death in one shot..

Around here you can shoot anything.. My brother got 3 already, and if he runs out of tags, he can buy more.. He is an old fart ,, has a ba heart so he can use a crossbow.. It is as deadly as a rifle.. I inherited a crossbow from a niece who died.. I have never shot it yet.. I admit, I am intimidated by it.. lots of power in those things..

I learned a trick with the tractor bucket today.. I fill it with a couple hunded pounds of granite and then use it to drag the granite smooth.. It really packs it down and makes it smooth.

Oh !! update on the buff duck.. I watched her for over a half hour. then I went in and cleaned the quail tv and Annie took over the duck watch.. she finally went back to her nest.. It is in the back of my old tool truck.. way in there amongst all the junk I have stored in there.. No way to get at her nest.. at least we know where it is.. I got rid of all the male ducks a while ago.. so she might have fertile eggs, and then again, she might not..

I have things to do tomorrow, so I better get to bed..

..........jiminwisc..........

Back
Top Bottom